Is sagging and wrinkled skin, when I bend over, normal after TT? (Photo)

I am 12 wpo. Today while I was working out, I forgot a good look in the mirror of how my belly still hangs when I am bent over. I know I am not going to be a super model, but this just seems like a bit much. I had a full TT w/ MR.

Is sagging and wrinkled skin, when I bend over, normal after TT?

It's normal to have some loose skin when you sit down. The excess in the horizontal axis can be treated with a Fleur de Lis. Seek a plastic surgeon that performs hundreds of these procedures, has great reviews and photos, and is an expert in this field.

Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Sagging and Wrinkled Skin 12 Weeks Post-Op

Swelling can persist for several months and will gradually improve and will look better at three months, six months, and even one year. Frequently the pubic area and the scrotal and penis area for men can become very swollen and discolored during the first two weeks due to gravity as this is the lowest area for swelling to accumulate.

It may take several months for a tummy tuck patient’s scars to soften, for sensation to return, and for relaxing of the tight sensation in the abdomen. In the case of extensive surgery, abdominoplasty recovery can be uncomfortable and may take longer. Scars may stay red, become thick or widen . It can take 12-18 months for the scars to settle.

If you are concerned that this is certainly not swelling or part of the healing process, then it would be best to visit your surgeon to have the area examined and make sure that the surgery results are coming along well. Good luck.

Excess skin after TT

Thank you for your question. Based on the first picture you have some horizontal excess skin, which can be addressed with floe-de-les resection, that leaves vertical scar. Other views of pictures not good enough to comment. I recommend you talk to your PS and express your concerns.

Loose skin

Your photos are difficult to truly tell if there is excess skin or not. If you have concerns you should return to your surgeon to have him examine your stomach to see if there needs to be more skin removed 

David R. Alfonso, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon