Sagging Skin Around my Eyes and Between Eyebrows?

I'm a 35 year old mom who is suffering from sagging skin under my eyes , uppercheecks, and between my eyebrows . It looks like a sagging eye mask. My pores have even changed. I do as much as I can to keep my face clean and use cream everyday. I feel that I look way older then I should and I hate wearing make up because I feel like why bother. Any help and suggestions would be great .

Doctor Answers 13

Eyelid Surgery, Botox And Fillers Help Correct Upper And Mid Face Aging

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question. A photograph would certainly help give you a more clearly defined answer.

Generally speaking, especially in males, the eyelid region of the upper mid face is the most common place aging changes start.

Often a combination of a 4 lid blepharoplasty to correct eyelid aging, plus Botox to relieve frown lines and crows feet and lift the brow, and filler injections into the cheek area to lift and plump the cheek can be very effective especially in younger males.

Please consult plastic surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, are experienced in facial rejuvenation, and have an excellent reputation in your community.

Sagging Skin aroung Eyelids and Brow

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

  Without pictures, the treatment could include browlift with eyelid surgery, possible fat grafting or fillers, just Botox, or a combination of all of these things.

Sagging Skin Around my Eyes and Between Eyebrows?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sounds as if you need to meet with a facial plastic surgeon.  Most 35 year olds we see with your concerns are in need of a good skin care/sun avoidance regimen, and nonsurgical rejuvenation such as neuromodulators (botox and dsyport) to soften dynamic lines, injectable fillers (restylane, perlane, juvederm, radiesse, sculptra, your own fat, etc.) to fill and lift the cheeks, under eyes, laugh line, around the mouth and lips, lasers (intense pulsed light for pigmentation and redness, fraxel for skin resurfacing if necessary) and possibly ultherapy (ultrasound tightening of the face). 

Ramtin Kassir, MD
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 180 reviews

You might also like...

May treatments available

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

At the age of 35, there are several treatment options available Having not seen your photos, general suggestions could include simple things, like Botox or dermal fillers, to even surgery. A consultation with facial plastic surgeon can certainly give you options that would be helpful. 

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging eyes

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You should consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. It is difficult to guess at the problem or design a solution without a full examination. Many Plastic Surgeons do cosmetic consultations for free, others charge $200-400, refundable if you book surgery. Still others just have the fee with no refund, but these individuals are an endangered species.

J. Brian Boyd, MD
Rolling Hills Estates Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 5 reviews

Sagging Skin Treatments

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Aside from what others have mentioned, it would be good to know exactly what your skin care regimen is as there are many cosmeceuticals that may be of assistance to you. There are many non-invasive treatments, as well as more invasive techniques that require surgery, that will ultimately help to rejuvenate your face. Having a consultation with a Board Certified facial plastic surgeon or dermatologist will allow the physician to better examine you to see where the problem lies and what type of treatment will benefit you the most.

Carlo P. Honrado, MD, FACS
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging eyes at 35

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You have one or more of the following three problems around your eyes and cheeks:

1. over active muscles

2. sun and/or acne damaged skin

3. early loosening of the skin and support tissues


  • Botox every 3 months for over active muscles
  • Retin A skin care and TCA peel for damaged skin including large pores
  • Eye lid lift  and cheek lift for excess skin and loss of support.

Thirty-five is much too young to feel old. I want you happy with yourself!

Consult a plastic surgeon and enjoy the result. Best wishes. 

Sagging Skin Around my Eyes and Between Eyebrows?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I could be much more helpful if I could look at a photo.

In general an experienced plastic surgeon will review a range of treatments from the least invasive, such as skin conditioning and injectables, to the surgical.

If I had to guess I'd say the 'sagging skin' between your eyebrows is due to the action of the frowning muscles. This can be addressed with botox and fillers.

The sagging tissue under your eyes may require an operation such as blepharoplasty (lower eyelid lift).

Finally you may benefit from a program of skin conditioning to improve the general quality of your complexion.

Good luck!


Try a number of therapies....

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without a photo it is difficult to determine what would be best, but you likely would do well with a combination of minimally invasive therapies, along with some limited surgery.  You are describing skin texture changes which would benefit from a combination of topical cosmecueticals along with laser treatments (such as fractionated resurfacing).  Additionally, you might find limited eyelid (perhaps brow) surgery and possibly midface lifting to get you to the goals you desire.   Regardless, combination non-invasive treatments with surgery would do the trick!

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Sagging Skin Around my Eyes and Between Eyebrows?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There is really no way to answer a question like this specific to your condition without photos, but it probably will require some type of browlift and eyelid surgery for the needed rejuvenation.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD
Portland Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 29 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.