Juvederm bottom lip border overfilled? (photo)

I just got my bottom lip touched up with 0.4 Juvederm Plus. It has only been a few hours and I know from past experiences I am a sweller. I can see past the swelling and am pleased with the results from the front. But the bottom border of my lip is stiff and hard so I know she injected there way more than I am used to. Now it seems to be almost hanging down unnaturally - not a natural curve. If not resolved, can I get the reverse shot just along the border to only target this problem area? TY!

Lip Swelling/Bumps After Fillers Such as Juvederm or Restylane -- Reverse With Hyaluronidase

If you are unhappy please reverse the filler. I suggest waiting at least 2-4 weeks before doing so.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Overfilled lips

I think that both are overfilled. Wait the 10 days before judgement. If want hyaluronidase at that time, it can be done in small quantities. However, this is not an exact science and it might remove more than you want. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Swelling after Lip Filler

Hello!  Please do not get too worried yet. Swelling after injections can be asymmetric, distorting borders, and making the making the lip look flat out weird for a few days. Give your lips and the filler a little bit of time to become acquainted. If after about two weeks you still do not like the lip contour then yes, you can dissolve some of the filler. This reversal can be done in a very specific way - so to answer you question - you can do just the lip border and leave the rest of the filler alone. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Swollen After Juvederm

I would recommend waiting at least 2weeks (maybe even 4wks) before making any decision about dissolving the Juvederm.  Though we cannot be sure how much is swelling and how much is the product, we know swelling at least part of it.  Wait for that to resolve.  If you still are not satisfied with the results, hyaluronidase to dissolve the product will work well.

Juvederm Result

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please allow 2 weeks for normal postprocedure swelling and bruising to resolve in order to see your final result.  Icing is helpful for up to 48 hours after the procedure.  Arnica is also beneficial for minimizing normal postprocedure swelling and bruising.  If you continue to have any concerns at 2 weeks postprocedure, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation to best address your concerns.  Any unwanted filler can be easily removed with Vitrase.  Hope this helps and best wishes!