Can Restylane Lyft be used to plump up the lips?

Can Restylane Lyft be used to plump up the lips? Also, can Restylane Lyft be used to make the cheekbones appear heightened and pronounced? On average, how many syringes do patients get for their cheeks?

Restylane Lyft for the Lips

Thank you for your question.  Restylane Lyft is a firm, dense gel with large particles of hyaluronic acid.  It is primarily used for injections into the cheek and midface to lift and contour the face.  Some injectors use Restylane Lyft in the lips, particularly for patients who would like to dramatically increase their lip size and projection.  In my own practice, I seldom use Lyft in the lips, as I think it is more prone to creating hard bumps and nodules in the lips.  I prefer softer products like regular Restylane or Juvederm to add volume to the lips, and Volbella for more subtle enhancement.

Restylane Lyft is an excellent option for enhancing the cheekbones.  I would recommend that you schedule a consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist or plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns and determine the best treatment plan for you.  Best of luck!

Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Lyft Uses

Thank you for your question. Restylane Lyft can be used in the lips, however, Restylane and Restylane Silk are typically recommended for the lips due to their smaller particle size. However, Restylane Lyft is wonderful in the cheek area. I typically recommend at least 1 syringe of Restylane Lyft on each side to start.

Landon Pryor, MD, FACS
Rockford Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Lyft in the lips?

Thank you for this question. Restylane Lyft can be used in the lips, but as the particles are bigger, it is likely that lumpiness could happen more readily so Silk and Restylane with smaller particles are traditionally better fillers for the lips. Best, Dr. ALDO :)

Aldo Guerra, MD

Restylane Lyft for Lip Augmentation

Thank you for sharing your question. Restylane Lyft can be used to enhance the lips, however I prefer to use Restylane-L or Juvederm in my practice, as these fillers offer a softer aesthetic. For the cheeks, however, Restylane Lyft is an excellent filler that can certainly help redefine the cheekbones. For my average patient, I probably use at least 1 syringe per side to make a noticeable improvement. I recommend having your treatments performed with a microcannula to minimize bruising and pain.  I recommend consulting with a board certified specialist who will be able to evaluate you in person and provide you with more specific recommendations. Best of luck with your treatment.

Kian Karimi, MD, FACS

Restylane Lyft for the lips?

Thank you for the question. Restylane is a family of hyaluronic acid based fillers for the face and lips. Restylane Lyft is the thickest and most viscous of the three products, and is used in the midface/cheeks and nasolabial folds. It is not recommended for use in the lips. Restylane (the original) or Restylane Silk are great for the lips. In my practice, I most often use Restylane Silk or Juvederm Ultra in the lips. Best of luck and take care!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Resylane Lyft

Thank you for your question about whether or not Restylane Lyft can be used in the lips, and on average how many syringes are needed for treatment of the cheeks. 

Restylane Lyft is not indicated for use in the lips.  It is used to volumize the midface.  It can be used to define the cheekbones, and provide lift to the midface which can in turn soften lines of the lower face such as marionette lines.  Typical starting amounts of Restylane Lyft would be one syringe per side.  Depending on the amount of volume loss, you may need more. 

To be certain you receive appropriate treatment, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Restylane Lyft for Lips

Yes you can use Restylane Lyft to augment the lips, although most of the time I utilize restylane or Juvederm. It is difficult to say how many syringes you will need for the cheeks. Most clients will require 1 syringe per side but it could certainly be more.

Restylane Lyft is my first choice for mid face volumes augmentation. Other choices include Voluma and Radiesse

all the best

Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Restylane Lyft into the lips

Traditional Restylane or Restylane Silk are more commonly used for lips. However, restylane lyft can be used depending on the results that you are seeking.

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert physician injectors to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Restylane Lyft NYC

You can definitely use Restylane Lyft for all of these purposes.  Without a photo I cannot comment on how many syringes you might need.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Restylane Lyft Lips

Yes, I sometimes use Restylane Lyft in the lips when patients desire more projection or lift than Restylane or Juvederm Ultra Plus can provide.

Anita Saluja, MD
Melbourne Dermatologist