Can Restylane Lyft be used to plump up the lips?

Can Restylane Lyft be used to plump up the lips? Also, can Restylane Lyft be used to make the cheekbones appear heightened and pronounced? On average, how many syringes do patients get for their cheeks?

Restylane Lyft for Lip Augmentation

Thank you for sharing your question. Restylane Lyft can be used to enhance the lips, however I prefer to use Restylane-L or Juvederm in my practice, as these fillers offer a softer aesthetic. For the cheeks, however, Restylane Lyft is an excellent filler that can certainly help redefine the cheekbones. For my average patient, I probably use at least 1 syringe per side to make a noticeable improvement. I recommend having your treatments performed with a microcannula to minimize bruising and pain.  I recommend consulting with a board certified specialist who will be able to evaluate you in person and provide you with more specific recommendations. Best of luck with your treatment.

Restylane Lyft for the lips?

Thank you for the question. Restylane is a family of hyaluronic acid based fillers for the face and lips. Restylane Lyft is the thickest and most viscous of the three products, and is used in the midface/cheeks and nasolabial folds. It is not recommended for use in the lips. Restylane (the original) or Restylane Silk are great for the lips. In my practice, I most often use Restylane Silk or Juvederm Ultra in the lips. Best of luck and take care!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Resylane Lyft

Thank you for your question about whether or not Restylane Lyft can be used in the lips, and on average how many syringes are needed for treatment of the cheeks. 

Restylane Lyft is not indicated for use in the lips.  It is used to volumize the midface.  It can be used to define the cheekbones, and provide lift to the midface which can in turn soften lines of the lower face such as marionette lines.  Typical starting amounts of Restylane Lyft would be one syringe per side.  Depending on the amount of volume loss, you may need more. 

To be certain you receive appropriate treatment, see two or more experienced, licensed and board-certified providers in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have treatment. I hope this helps.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Restylane Lyft for Lips

Yes you can use Restylane Lyft to augment the lips, although most of the time I utilize restylane or Juvederm. It is difficult to say how many syringes you will need for the cheeks. Most clients will require 1 syringe per side but it could certainly be more.

Restylane Lyft is my first choice for mid face volumes augmentation. Other choices include Voluma and Radiesse

all the best

Dr Soni

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Restylane Lyft into the lips

Traditional Restylane or Restylane Silk are more commonly used for lips. However, restylane lyft can be used depending on the results that you are seeking.

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert physician injectors to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Restylane Lyft NYC

You can definitely use Restylane Lyft for all of these purposes.  Without a photo I cannot comment on how many syringes you might need.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane Lyft Lips

Yes, I sometimes use Restylane Lyft in the lips when patients desire more projection or lift than Restylane or Juvederm Ultra Plus can provide.

Anita Saluja, MD
Melbourne Dermatologist

Restylane Lyft versus other options to plump up the lips

Dear Pookalita:

Yes, Restylane Lyft can be used to plump the lips. 

Lyft is a stiffer hyaluronic acid (HA) gel and provides greater projection and relatively less volume expansion. So, it depends on:
  1. which part of the lip you are interested in plumping, 
  2. whether you need volume or projection and 
  3. who is doing the injecting.

The lip has many different areas requiring different "fill":
  • the wet vermillion. Use Restylane and / or Lyft depending on your need for volume or projection.
  • the dry vermillion. This is where most patients want fill or volume and Restylane works well.
  • lipstick line. A stiffer HA is required and great place for Lyft.
  • lateral commissures. Lyft is better. 
  • smokers lines. A combination of Dysport to relax the muscle and Restylane Silk have provided the most improvement. 

As you see, there are various ways to reduce lines around the mouth and lips. Each depends on the level of the wrinkle deformity, ie., epidermis, dermis, fat, muscle and skin color. 

For more information, please connect with the link below!

I hope this is helpful. All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Lip Augmentation

Restylane Lyft is a good choice for lip augmentation when volume enhancement is the goal. If looking to treat fine lines as well than other products such as Restylane Silk can be used in conjunction or alone.
Stick with the HA 's (Hyaluronic products for safety) and be sure to seek treatment from an experience board certified physician with a focus in aesthetic medicine
Best of Luck

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

Restylane lift and lips

I have used restylane lift on the lips with great success. I have even used voluma on occasion. Best of luck.