I just had Restalyne Lyft injected under both eyes a few hours ago...bags are still there. Does that mean it didn't work? (photo

I've noticed a little swelling and bruising but it doesn't seem to have done anything to the bags. I had one syringe under each eye.

Restylane Lyft under eyes

Yes I agree Restylane Lyft under the eyes is not the filler of choice but your doctor may have injected into the cheek fat pads to soften the trough under the eyes and that would be appropriate.  I agree that Silk or Restylane would be better for lower lid injections.

I would not judge the effectiveness of the injections for at least 48 hours especially withThat's the Lyft filler.  There may swelling and especially if there is bruising that swelling may last a week or more since blood is a very reactive inflammatory.

if the result is not optimal after that, talk to your doctor to confirm where the filler was injected and if he/she says the lids, I would find another injector.

Wilmington Plastic Surgeon

Swelling and Bruising after

Thank you for your question  and photo.  I would expect very modest changes from Lyft being utilized just 4 hrs prior, The product does need a little time to settle over the next few days and get your end result. Don't forget the effect of fillers is somewhat of an illusion": rather fine one at that. Fillers don't take bags a way. There proper placement helps to hide shadowing,  lift sagging tissues,  soften the appearance of and contour the face. Taken together they can do an excellent job of shaping and altering the contours of your face. Without pre treatment photos its difficult to ascertain whether or n0t the change we see has improved, remind unchanged or actually worsen. The degree to which your bags protruded will usually let you know whether complete correction is possible or even warranted. Sometimes simply softening the appearance may be a great result and in the patients best interest. If you remain unhappy after a week or ten days then I would return to you doctor, assuming they are a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist, and follow up with them. They might be able to tweak your result and make you very happy
Best of Luck
DrG

Lee A. Gibstein, MD

It takes a little bit of time to see your final result after #filler injections (hours or even days).

Hi! If you think you may be dissatisfied with your injections, I would recommend waiting a bit longer, even as long as a week, and then calling the clinic where you were injected to ask for the injector's opinion. 

It may be that you didn't receive enough product, and will have to buy more, or it may be that your swelling is distorting your outcome. Whatever the reason may be, you should certainly make sure your concerns are addressed.

I just had Restalyne Lyft injected under both eyes a few hours ago...bags are still there. Does that mean it didn't work?

Hello Tluckhurst,

First off, I would not recommend Restylane Lyft under the eyes.  It is a very thick filler meant for deeper injections such as the cheeks and melolabial folds.  I much prefer Restylane as it is thinner and less prone to prolonged swelling and lumps.  Having said that, with filler injections you should see an immediate result.  If you did not get the correction you wanted before you left, there will be some further improvement as the filler draws in water, but it won't be a drastic change.  Before considering any touch ups, I do recommend you wait at least two weeks to let all of the swelling go away.  Also, fillers don't remove the bags, they make for a softer transition between the bag and the nose by filling in the gap or tear trough between.  Surgery is what would fully correct the bags.  

I hope this helps and good luck.

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane Lyft

Restylane Lyft is a very thick filler and not meant for the delicate under eye area.  I much prefer Belotero or Restylane/Silk.  Best, Dr. Green

Restylane lift

I prefer to use restylane under the eyes and not restylane lift which is a thicker product and may cause more swelling.

Lyft is NOT for tear troughs

This thicker filler is for cheek lift. Putting it under the eyes will only make swelling and the troughs beneath the bags even worse. See a reputable doctor and get it dissolved. It will only worsen with time.

Mary P. Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

Under Eye Bags treated with Restylane Lyft

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photo.

At this early stage, you may simply have swelling in your under eye (#teartrough) region.  As your dermatologist or plastic surgeon injector probably mentioned, most hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers such as Restylane Lyft are hydrophilic.  These HA #fillers attract water to the area of injection for approximately 4 hours after infection, thereby resulting in swelling (edema).  Therefore, it is too early to determine your final result.  Please contact your physician to express your concerns and let him or her visit with you if needed.  Otherwise, wait 10 to 14 days to see the final result. 

If you still have "bags" under your eyes, consider the following possibilities.  There is a chance that the injection was placed superficially.  If this is the case, you can use #hyaluronidase (#Wydase, #Hylenex) to dissolve some or all of the filler.  There is also a chance the filler did not address structural support of the lower eyelid.  In this case, you may need a small amount of additional filler properly placed to correct the remaining #undereyebags.  

Suneel Chilukuri, M.D.
Houston, TX

Suneel Chilukuri, MD
Houston Dermatologic Surgeon

Two issues: #1. Restylane Lyft is NOT for tear trough deformities! Are you sure you had that injected vs having Restylane Silk? #2. Posted photos demonstrates non injection to tear troughs, therefore the injections must have been in malar eminence? 

Restylane Lift is not really the first choice for bags under the eyes (tear troughs), nonetheless, if you feel that it gave you no improvement at all, the best thing to do is to go back to your doctor and go over photos taken prior to treatment.  This will give you a much better understanding of the improvements you got with the treatment. 

Double check with your doctor that it was in fact injected into your tear troughs and not the cheeks. 

Victoria Karlinsky, MD
Manhattan General Surgeon