Is it normal for the fluid from my drain to have a funny odor?

I am almost 2 weeks post op TT, Lipo, fat transfer. I am putting out 40-50cc of fluid in 24hrs. As of yesterday I noticed the fluid had a funny smell. Not like a foul infection kinda smell. Just a odd smell. Can't really put my finger on what to compare it to. Sulfa maybe? Herbal vitamin smell....

Drain fluid appearance can change during the postoperative course. Usually, the fluid doesn't have much of a smell, so any changes would be a concern.Please see your surgeon ASAP and review these changes with him/her. The sooner, the better.

Odor from drains

Thanks for your inquiry, but honestly without examining you it is impossible to advise you and tell you if you should be concerned.  Please call your surgeon to discuss, good luck.  

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your surgery.  Drainage can develop different odors and it is important to note any changes to its character.  Since this has been a change in your recovery it is best to reach out to your surgeon's office to ensure that all is well, but as long as you are not seeing a change in your physical appearance, the smell is not malodorous and the consistency of the drainage is thin, all is likely well.  Hope this helps.