What is the difference between Picosure and Picosecond? (Photo)

I am interested in getting a black medium sized tattoo removed that is still pretty fresh. It does have a lot of ink in it but it was done by an amateur so i have slight confidence that it could be removed. I've looked at places in my city and they do picosecond laser treatments but can't find a lot of information about it. is it the same as picosure? if not, what makes them different?

PicoSure vs. PicoSend

Thank you for your question. The PicoSure laser is has been developed and approved for tattoo ink removal, acne scars and any other blemishes you dislike. PicoSure is FDA-approved and highly effective for removing regrettable tattoos and scars. PicoSure uses PicoSecond technology to help remove tattoo ink and acne scars. For more information on PicoSure, I recommend getting a in person consultation with a board-certified dermatologist.

Picosure vs Picosecond

Pico lasers are the newest and most advanced technology when it comes to laser tattoo removal. Pico-second is technology used by Pico lasers, which is way faster than nanosecond technology used by older lasers. There are different types of Pico lasers that use different wavelength to remove different color of ink. Good luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Pico Lasers

Thank you for your question. The Picosure uses picosecond technology. Pico lasers are the most advanced. I utilize the PiQo4 laser which has 4 Pico wavelengths and the Picosure for a total of 5 Pico wavelengths. Certain colors respond best to certain wavelengths. It is important to seek an expert. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

PicoSure Tattoo Removal

PicoSure uses PicoSecond technology to break up the target (tattoo ink) into particles that are easily eliminated from the body.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS