When should I see results with picosure for my acne scar?

Got picosure to improve a huge atrophic scar post a very horrible cystic acne. Done with 3 tx, each session is treats my entire face but basically concentrating on this only scar. Saw a little improvment 2 weeks post 2 tx. Im done with 3rd tx now, my sessions are spaced 2-3 weeks apart. When should i start seeing a marked improvment? Does collagen and elastin production takes so long? Ive read you can see significant improvment 1-3 months post last tx even if uv just finished 3 tx...

PicoSure rsults for acne scarring

Thanks for your question. Results can vary but may take a couple of months for the collagen and elastin to reproduce. Seeing improvement in 2 weeks is a great sign. Normally, as time passes, you may see more improvement , and optimal results are reached within a couple of months. Best, Dr. Katz

Picosure results

Firstly, in my personal experience Picosure was not the best option for atrophic scar. If it is working for you, then you should start seeing firs t results after few weeks. It all depends how your skin reacts to the laser. To see end results you will have to wait a little bit longer, maybe even a few months. Good luck! 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician