Giant blister after PicoSure, what am i supposed to do? Should i pop them? (photos)

Hi! I got tattoo treatment with picosure in my arm but before 24 hr i get some blister and within the next day it get so big but scary big. Its been 3 days and they still there and all my arm hurt so much. 

Blisters After Treatment

You should not pop or peel the roof of the blisters. The roof of the blisters will help in healing. Make sure to clean them with soap and water and apply a moisturizer. Do not continue your laser treatments until you are fully healed. Call your doctor if you have questions or problems.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

PicoSure and blistering

Thanks for your question. With any laser this is a risk but uncommon to get larger. With more treatments the blistering may subside. Be very careful not to pick at the scabs or do further treatments until you have healed entirely. Also keep out of the sun and do not pop! Should it worsen you should contact your doctor immediately to avoid infection. Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Blistering post laser treatment

Blistering is relatively common especially when the tattoo is large with a lot of ink. Your doctor should have discussed this with you and given you instructions. Do not pop the blisters, that could lead to infection. Protect the blisters and keep the area moist with Aquaphor or a moisturizer. You make want to cover the area with a Telfa dressing. The blisters usually last around 5-10 days. Call your doctor if you have questions or problems!

James Shire, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon