Should mons area still be very swollen and hard after liposuction?

Had full TT and noticed mons area very large. PS decided to lipo area 7 months after TT. It has been 7 days and very swollen and hard.

Swelling and bruising is always going to move down due to gravity. It is completely common for the mons area to be swollen post liposuction. This could take several months to completely go away. You will probably notice more swelling in the evening after you have been up and about all day and less when you wake up in the mornings. All totally normal. Your body will work it all out in its own time. 

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Exilis Ultra/Cellutone or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Post liposuction you will get swelling and induration, this can be improved with lymphatic massage, compression, RF treatments or cellutone/z wave.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Mons area, tummy tuck, liposuction, swelling or edema

Thanks for the query. After a tummy tuck the mons area often looks to be on the bigger side as most of the other tummy areas are suddenly reduced in size. Liposuction often ends up in swelling or edema and this usually takes time to reduce- about 3 or more months. However you will need a clinical examination to see we are not missing any other causes of the swelling and your surgeon needs to see you for that. Do wear a pressure garment as it will help.Best wishes,Dr Alexander +

Alexander George, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Swelling mons after lipo

Thank you for your question. It is only a week post op. This area after lipo will have swelling for a while  and may last 3 months. Please follow instructions from your PS and re evaluate in 3 months

7 days post liposuction is too soon to be worried about swelling, even the hardness. The mons is a small area and it is expected to swell. Typically, two weeks post liposuction, I instruct my patients how to massage the areas treated with liposuction to help with the hardness and swelling. This is not extremely unusual or alarming. However, it's always best to see your surgeon with concerns. A little reassurance through this process is always helpful. I believe time for the inflammation to run its course will be all you need.Good luck!

Reza Rod, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon