How long after a rhinoplasty do I need to wait before I can go spray tan?

It's been 2.5 weeks after my rhinoplasty and before my doc left for vacation he said it was fine, but not to get on nose? is there any harm with getting spray tan on nose?

Spray tan after rhinoplasty

If you're a two and half weeks post surgery. I do not believe the spray tan would affect your result in any way. This certainly would be much better than other means of obtaining a tan.

Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Spray tan after rhinoplasty

The nasal skin is often more sensitive after rhinoplasty secondary to the surgical dissection and occlusion with adhesive tape. Spray tanning is unlikely to harm to the skin at any point, but I typically recommend waiting 1 week after the cast is removed. 

William D. Losquadro, MD
Westchester Facial Plastic Surgeon

A rhinoplasty typically involves incisions on the inside and sometimes on the outside of the nose.  A spray tan does emit some particles that do enter the nostrils if no mask is being used.  Knowing that, I would recommend waiting at least 3-4 weeks, but your surgeon should be asked and Ok'd by him or her before having it done.

Timothy R. Miller, MD