I am 2 days post op from a Tummy tuck. What questions should I be asking during that appt?

I've really educated myself with what I should expect and feel post op, however, I'm surprised by the sharp, prickly pain I get when walking ...I believe it's from the stitches? How long should I expect that to last? What else should I expect during this first post op visit?

It's a good question. Discomfort on the second day after surgery is common. The discomfort will improve in the coming week. The main questions to ask your surgeon are about returning to activities. What you can be doing with your arms, and when you can resume were vigorous walking cardiovascular exercise, and full unrestricted activities. Congratulations on your recent surgery. The link below shows the full recovery process after breast augmentation surgery.

Post op pain

Pain 2 days post-operatively is normal.  It is normal to feel tight in the abdomen where the plication was.  Walking is imperative to help avoid a DVT.  Your surgeon will examine you and make sure everything looks as it should. 

Tyler C. Street, MD
Napa Plastic Surgeon