6 months post op and still have pain and swelling!

I am 6 mos post abdominoplasty and still in daily pain. I had a 4 cm diastasis and a hernia repair which required the procedure. After 2 mos things got better & then I became more active and now I'm constantly swollen with a lot of pain and pressure. Sometimes I have shooting pain in one area but I almost always have generalized pain especially on the upper half of my stomach. My PS says we need to give it a year, but my quality of life and pain is worse now than before the surgery. HELP.

Pain at 6 months

It is unusual to have pain at 6 months.  It should be investigated by you and your surgeon. Good luck.

Tummy tuck healing time

Dear bulbasaur,

Sorry for your problem, however without pictures or physical examination it is impossible to help you with appropriate opinion in regard to your healing process. In any event, having pain 6 months after your tummy tuck surgery is not normal. If your surgeon does not give a reasonable explanation for your condition , get a second opinion. Another explanation for your pain might be due to intra abdominal cause. In that case, you can see your internist who , after examining you, may order a CAT scan or MRI to rule out intra abdominal problem.

Dr Widder

Pain after TT/Hernia Repair

It is unusual to have debilitating pain 6months after a TT/Hernia correction. Please consult with your Plastic Surgeon and if your concerns are not adequately addresses, seek a second opinion. Your life should be better not worse after this procedure. Sorry for your pain. Hope you get some resolution and relief.