No pain or tightness after tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am 9 days post op fleur de lis tt and arm lift (158lb weight loss). I was told the majority of my post op discomfort would come from my TT but it's my arms that hurt the most. From day 1 I felt like I could stand straighter then I thought would be possible. I've had little pain in my abdomen (not complaining) but have to wonder if this means thing could have been pulled tighter? Is it normal to be able to stand almost perfectly? And to not feel that intense abdomen tightness? Thank you

TT/Brachioplasty

The tightness after Fleur-de-Lis abdominoplasty is more spread out as it is shared to both the horizontal and vertical closures. Rarely would a patient be hunched over. Glad you are not in too much pain. Based on your photo, you have an excellent early result. Celebrate!

Pain After Tummy Tuck

This may be the first time I've heard anyone "complain"  about too little pain after a tummy tuck.  Do you have a nice result from your procedure?  Are you happy with the result?  If so, why worry about what might have been done differently?  Relax and be thankful you are doing well without any complications.

Richard Kofkoff, MD, FACS
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

9 days post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (9 days post-po) the swelling is normal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.

Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Each patient recovers differently after surgery with some experiencing more pain than others.  This can be as a result of a patient's pain threshold, the type and extent of surgery performed, and any ancillary pain medication.  Allow your results time to mature, it looks like you will have a nice outcome, and consider yourself lucky to not have much discomfort.  Best wishes.