Will removing these sutures affect my mini facelift?

I'm three weeks post op mini facelift. I have had little swelling and minimal bruising. Today I noticed a clear suture (like a fishing line) coming through my skin directly at the base of my ears. There is one suture on each ear. I am concerned that these sutures are keeping the underlying muscle in place and if they have to be removed with the lift drop? I didn't tell anyone about my procedure and not one person has noticed a change. I am extremely anxious that my mini lift will not last.

Sutures coming out after mini-lift

Three weeks after your mini-face lift, you have 70% of the final strength in the tissues.

Call your plastic surgeon, explain the problem and see him/her for suture removal.

It is unlikely this will affect your mini-face lift result.

Sutures coming out after mini-lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Sutures Appearing After Mini Facelift

Thank you for your question.  I always use dissolvable stitches however, after 3 week this is unlike to effect your results.  Please return to your surgeon to discuss your concerns and to ensure he checks the wounds, to make sure everything is fine.  All The Best 

Sutures Appearing After Mini Facelift

Mini facelift and suture care

We typically use dissolving sutures

With this #cosmeticsurgery patients usually feel some tightness, firmness under the skin, and moderate swelling & bruising during the first week. Most patients having a modified #facelift feel comfortable being out in public shortly thereafter, sometimes after a few days. It’s best to allow one to two weeks for healing from your #plasticsurgery. We use dissolving incisions that do not need to be removed

WHAT ARE THE SCARS LIKE?

When you have a #facelift, well placed incisions which are well planned and hidden, along with lifting without tension will help #minilifts, #litelifts and other #facelifts heal when performing these types of #cosmeticsurgeries.
Limited scar incision and proper care after sugery help. Topical scar creams and laser as needed can all help create incisions that are hard to see.s

Mini facelift and suture care

We typically use dissolving sutures

WHAT ARE THE SCARS LIKE?

Mini Face lift Suture Removal

After 3 weeks, removal of sutures that poke through the skin should not effect your mini face lift results.

Mini Face lift Suture Removal

Whenever you are concerned about your results, always see your doc 1st.

Your doc will tell you all about your sutures and he/she will take care of any of your concerns. Trust your doc. Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Mini Lift sutures

I would recommend asking your doctor about these stitches. Some doctors prefer to use dissolvable sutures for their facelifts and some of these dissolvable sutures would look exactly as you've described. Your surgeon is the only one who would know the best way to remove these sutures without causing any harm to your facelift results.

Also, do not feel bad that your friends did not notice that you had a facelift. It does not mean that your surgery was not successful. Most people would not realize that you had a facelift unless your face looks overstretched or in some other way unnatural. In most cases even after a full facelift friends and coworkers compliment the patient on looking "well rested", and would not realize they had surgery. Best of luck!

Mini Lift sutures

Mini face and neck lift in Los Angeles

Clearly, the sutures are outside of your skin and not contributing to your skin closure. I would discuss your findings with your surgeon and ask them to remove the sutures.

Raffy Karamanoukian MD

Mini face and neck lift in Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian MD