Picked a mole off of my arm, now scared!

The other day I was messing with a mole on my arm that's been there for several years. It's small (less than 2mm) brown spot. I was messing with it and the whole thing picked right off, without any effort! Should I be concerned about this? It bled for about 2 seconds and scabbed over right away and now just looks like a pink spot on my skin. Thank you!

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- SEE AN EXPERT Dermatologic Surgeon

please see your physician and start silicone based scar gels with growth factors at this time. Best, Dr. Emer.

Self Mole Removal

The lesion is likely benign and could be a keratosis, which is a benign thickening of the outer layer of the skin. It is not likely of any concern unless it doesn't heal after a few weeks or grows and becomes darker. To help it heal, just Vaseline and a bandage is needed.

Christopher Weyer, DO
Tucson Dermatologist