Any Negatives to Using Radiesse or Restylane for Chin Augmentation?

I know it doesn't last as long, but is chin augmentation using Radiesse or Restylane less effective or not as natural as a surgical implant?

Disadvantage to NS Chin Augmentation

In my opinion, the ONLY disadvantage to using Radiesse (I don't believe Restylane is a good filler for the chin) is that it is temporary. Other than that, it is a wonderful tool to use for chin augmentation, especially because the procedure can be guided in real-time by the patient. 

Disadvantage to NS Chin Augmentation

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Why Filler vs Implant for Chin Augmentation but him

A chin augmentation using an implant as the most predictable and long-lasting, permanent, results. The only reason I would recommend use of fillers would be to give you an approximate idea of what I would look like for a fuller chin in the event you were unsure if you wished to proceed with this surgery. I usually perform chin augmentation in the office under local anesthesia with oral sedation although other forms of anesthesia and certainly are available. Ir you are choosing a filler, my preference is for Radiesse, which of course is temporary.

We use Juvederm for chin augmentation.

Hi!

The only negatives to chin augmentation with fillers are that, as you say, it is not permanent, and that poor injection technique can lead to a bad result.

In Manhattan, we use Juvederm.  Restylane does not last as long, and Radiesse, when injected very deep, can lead to unwanted bone formation.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

We use Juvederm for chin augmentation.

Hi!

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

It depends on what you're looking for

I love doing sellers because it's such an art! Both of those are great fillers. However, depending on your anatomy and what results you're looking for work, one might be a better option for you. 

Here is some information on various fillers to help you decide which one might be the right one for you. I think your best step is choosing the right doctor that matches your sense of aesthetics and can render you the best results.

if you really want to know what's best for you, you really need to have a quick consultation. During the consultation is win a doctor can see how you and meet your face and what are the best treatment options to restore and natural look for you.

There are a number of fillers available on the market.  For example, JUVEDERM™, RESTYLANE®, BELOTERO® are fillers made of hyaluronic acid, a natural substance found in all living organisms.

Hyaluronic acid is an important component of youthful, supple, elastic skin.  It hydrates the skin by holding water, and acts as a cushion and lubricant to reduce damage to the skin.  Hyaluronic acid is also involved with the transport of essential nutrients to the skin’s viable cells. This ability of hyaluronic acid to bind to water is what helps provide long-lasting results.

As a result of aging, our cells gradually lose the ability to produce hyaluronic acid. Studies have shown that older skin typically has lower levels of hyaluronic acid than younger skin.

By adding the fillers, the skin’s natural hyaluronic acid levels are restored, re-creating that youthful appearance.

The fillers listed here are considered safe and natural cosmetic dermal fillers that restore volume and fullness to the skin to correct facial wrinkles and folds. Each filler is biosynthetic and of non-animal origin, and has been proven to be safe and effective for skin of all types and colors.

RASIESSE

Rasiesse is a safe, FDA-approved dermal filler that restores a natural, youthful look and lasts for up to a year or more. Radiesse® is composed of smooth round microspheres in a gel carrier. It is injected into the skin through a simple, safe and minimally invasive procedure. This convenient treatment fills and corrects smile or laugh lines and nasolabial folds and wrinkles around the nose and mouth.

For the longest-lasting correction of deep nasolabial folds (laugh lines), Radiesse is a successful instant-result injectable implant, lasting 1 to 2 years. It can also be used to augment cheek bones or redefine the chin. It is additionally the treatment of choice to restore volume to photo-aged hands in an easy, virtually painless procedure.

SCULPTRA

Sulptra helps correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles, and folds that appear with aging, by replacing lost collagen. Sculptra Aesthetic is a new type of facial injectable made from poly-L-lactic acid, which helps to replace this lost collagen. Its main ingredient is a biocompatible, biodegradable synthetic material that has been used by physicians for decades.

Note: This is not an overnight miracle or a quick-fix. It is the first facial injectable that gives you subtle results over time. As it replaces your lost collagen, it gives you a more natural-looking appearance, without giving you away. A full treatment of Sculptra Aesthetic, an average of three injection sessions over a few months, can last up to two years.

The correct filler choice for you depends on your facial contour, the volume needed to correct, and the anatomical site being injected. It goes without saying that an initial consultation with a professional to choose the correct combination of products for you is just as important as the precise placement of each filler in the face.

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

It depends on what you're looking for

RASIESSE

SCULPTRA

Tanya Kormeili, MD
Los Angeles Dermatologist

Chin Augmentation

Radiesse in the chin is temporary and requires expert skin to ensure that it looks natural. Consult with an experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeon to understand your options.

Chin Augmentation

Non- Surgical Chin Enhancement with Radiesse

A chin enhancement is a very quick and easy treatment that produces immediate results with no downtime.  Dr. Ebrahim prefers to use Radiesse as it is a thicker product that provides a very good result.

Filler versus chin implant

Radiesse is a better filler for the chin as it holds its shape better than Restylane. While fillers are temporary I believe they're better as our face continues to change with age and what's best today may not be best later.  The risks of an implant are also greater as it is a surgical procedure. Good luck with your decision.

Filler versus chin implant

Negatives to the use of Radiesse and Restylane for chin augmentation (genioplasty)

Chin augmentation (or genioplasty) with fillers are just as natural as a surgical implant. However, given the non-permanency of Radiesse or Restylane, an implant is probably more cost effective. Depending on the amount of augmentation you need, this may cost you anywhere from $400 to $1000+. Chin implant surgery may cost from $2000 to $4000 depending on the geographic location, experience of the surgeon and other factors. After only one to two years, you can see how it may be more beneficial to choose surgical chin augmentation. Also, most implants used can easily be removed without any untoward side effects if you are unhappy with the results.

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Negatives to Radiesse or Restylane

A filler, such as Restylane or Radiesse is as effective and natural as an implant, but the downside is that it isn't permanent and will require that you come back for more product as it is dissolved overtime.  A surgical implant is the only permanent solution for chin augmentation.

Negatives to Radiesse or Restylane

Any Negatives to Using Radiesse or Restylane for Chin Augmentation

Radiesse and Restylane and Juvederm will give great results for chin augmentation  with proper injection techniques. The main problem is lack of permanency. Cost wise it would be better to have a chin implant procedure which is permanent.