Quick chemical peel that will allow me to go in public while it is in the process?

Hi, I've had dark spots from acne scars for years since I was in middle school and I'm really tired of them, so I'd like to do a chemical peel but I'm not sure which one to do. I want results as fast as possible, but I wouldn't want my skin to peel off like a TCA peel would do because I can't really take time off from school. Is there an effective peel with quick results that wont drastically peel off my skin like a TCA peel?

Peel with Minimal Down Time

If you want a peel without any down time I would recommend a Salicylic Acid peel. Salicylic Acid is a betahydroxy acid that naturally occurs in the bark of the willow tee. This acid will help your pigmentation by improving the tone and texture of your skin and is safe for all skin types. Salicylic Acid is a light peel that usually has no visible peeling, but you will get improvement over time. Best improvement is after a series of peels, the amount necessary is dependent on your skin but most people need 3-5 sessions. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see if this is a good option for you.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Light Chemical Peels

You sound like the perfect person to have a light chemical peel to correct the hyper pigmentation from the acne marks.  I would recommend you use a Retin-A type product and a hydroquinone in combination with the chemical peels.  There are different strengths of TCA peels and a 10% or 15% TCA peel will not have much down time and be quite effective.  Please find a board certified Dermatologist with a lot of experience in chemical peels for the best cosmetic result.

Many Chemical Peel Options Exist For Your Problem

Yes there are a few different effective peels that give quick results without all the peeling. One of my favorites is the Obagi Radiesse Peel.
It’s a quick and easy salicylic acid-based facial chemical peel for all skin types that exfoliates and helps improve overall complexion.
It also helps with photo damaged skin and acne prone skin and provides instant radiance—tighter, smoother, brighter-looking skin after just 1 use. Please join our other clients from Dearborn who make the short trip to our Medical Spa, Accents Cosmetic Surgery and Medical Spa in Sterling Heights.  Call Laney  at 5862547692 and tell her you found us on realself.com

Mark Berkowitz, MD
Sterling Heights Oculoplastic Surgeon