What is Best Procedure for Mild Sagging in Lower Face and Below Eyes?

I have minor sagging in jaw area and very moderately loose skin all over. I like the way my face looks when I pull the skin back slightly in jaw and pull up skin in upper cheekbone region. However, I am perfectly content with my neck. I am 45 with thin fair skin. Is there a lift that is right for me? As I posed in a previous question, fillers have resulted in lumps lower down and edema in eye area so I don't want to go that route. Thanks in advance!

Doctor Answers 10

Treatment Options for the Lower Face

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic may also be a candidate for a Lite Lift™.

It is also possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result. If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives. It is extremely important to seek a board certified plastic surgeon highly trained with your desired procedures.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 109 reviews

Mild Sagging of Jowls and Cheeks

   A facelift is probably what you need, and you appear to have diagnosed this already.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facelifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Kenneth B. Hughes, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 492 reviews

Jaw sagging andlooseness

This sounds like a mini lift and fat frafting to fill in the sagging areas.This is a common early aging pattern and in most cases the neck doesnt need to be addresed.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

What is Best Procedure for Mild Sagging in Lower Face and Below Eyes?

 This seems a perfect scenario for a minimal incision type Face Lift.

  1. Small incisions
  2. Rapid recovery time 
  3. Can be performed in 90 minutes with or without anesthesia
  4. Patients are free to fly back home all over the worlds in as little as 3 days post-op

 Typically, we combine this with aesthetic shaping of the face with fillers and or implants to the cheeks, whichever is more appropriate in each specific case.

Francis R. Palmer, III, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 24 reviews

Limited Facelift For Lower Facial Sagging

You may be a candidate for a limited facelift without a neck lift. People with fair skin often come to our office in New York with this concern (particularly when they are thin). Since facial aging is a combination of volume loss (bone, muscle, and fat) as well as sagging of skin and deeper tissue, it is important to determine the right procedure for you. It sounds like performing a face lift (addressing the sagging skin) would create the right structure so if you need volume enhancement with fillers, the skin will be more resilient and you will probably require less volume correction. A proper consultation with a qualified doctor is recommended.

Amiya Prasad, MD
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 70 reviews

Mild Facial Sagging

Mild facial loose skin can be treated with various treatments.  The options include restoring facial volume with fat or Sculptra.  Other options are face lift or non-operative skin tightening treatments. An evaluation by your doctor will determine which are the most appropriate treatment options. 

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Facial fillers and volumizers might be an option

Hi.  Depending on the amount of volume loss and skin laxity, you may want to consider non surgical options such as Radiesse or Juvederm fillers combined with Sculptra volumizer.  These options would not replace a mini or full facelift but maybe buy you a few years until surgical intervention is necessary.

Richard W. Maack, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 46 reviews

Sagging Jowls and loose skin

At your age with your complaints, you are a perfect candidate for a mini-facelift. This will tighten any loose skin and correct your jowling. Also, if you do this earlier than later, you won't need a full face lift, just minor touch ups over 7 to 10 years.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS
New York Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 272 reviews

What the lift for Me?

there are so many names for the same basic operation that anyone can get confused. a straightfoward facelift is probably what you need. the actual details make the different names. see a good PS in your area. get a second and third opinion and then choose wisely. good luck

Rafael C. Cabrera, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 1 review

Best option

If you are content with your neck, I would suggest a Minilft. This procedure will help your jowl, cheek, and temple areas (the areas that you suggested you would like to see improved). The recovery is less than with say a facelift and will give you excellent results.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.3 out of 5 stars 13 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.