Will getting veneers cause the natural tooth to die, thus needing dentures later in life?

Porcelain veneers

That's false. Unless in extreme cases of over preparation or decay involvement.  Veneers dont cause natural teeth to die or needing dentures later on in life.  If any teeth, including teeth with veneers are not taken care of , it may end up in extraction later on in life.  Oral hygiene plays a big rule in keeping your teeth later on in life.  

Do veneers cause other problems? #DrSoftTouch

Well done veneers usually do not cause teeth to die. In the event that a tooth dies, a root canal would be recommended, not dentures. I would recommend seeing an an expert cosmetic dentist for a consult to determine if veneers are an option for you. I hope this helps. Click save on the save button below my name, so that you may ask me more questions in the future.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
Saint Louis Dentist

Damage from veneers

Hi:

Unless there is over preparation of the tooth, normally there is no nerve damage.  Its best to do a nerve test on the teeth to be prepared for veneers to make sure there is no damage before work is started.  Additionally an expert cosmetic dentist will make sure there is no over preparation in order to avoid any nerve exposure or damage.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist

Veneers lead to other problems?

Well done veneers will not cause teeth to die. Teeth die from trauma or decay. If your teeth are healthy, veneers can be placed on the front of the tooth to make a color or shape change.  find ad enlist who has great reviews for veneers and have a consultation to see if you are a good candidate for veneers. 

Kathy Frazar, DDS, FAGD
Houston Dentist

Veneers?

Veneers, if done carefully, should not cause a tooth to die. Also, a dead tooth only needs a root canal. Dentures are a very big stretch from veneers. Find a dentist who has experience doing veneers and ask to say before and after pictures.