Dermarolling at home for white stretch marks

Hi, I have many old white stretchmarks on my butt, hips and tighs. I´ve been reading a lot about using the dermaroller at home to improve them, so I thought Í´d try it. But then I read that dermarolling can hurt the skin around them, to the point that it creates even more. Is this true? Can it be more harmful? Thanks for the answer.

Thanks for your query. Dermaroller is not a tool to play with. It should be prescribed nd done by a doctor only as it can lead to certain complications. It is advisable to visit a dermatologist as proper physical examination is required. Hope it Helps.
All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

DermaRoller for stretch marks

Yes, it can help. Use a 0.5 mm needle. Be careful, and try to combine this with a vitamin A cream. 

There are other better methods for stretch marks such as vertical energy microneedling RF. systems.

Cheers

Dr Davin Lim 
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist