Fillers to fix subtle bump in nose? (Phtoo)

Hi there, I was planning on getting fillers (after baby and breastfeeding, currently pregnant) to fix the small bump in my upper nose but am reading that the filler will basically just make your nose look bigger overall. Can you please tell me if fillers will fix the bump and or if it will in indeed make my nose look bigger? And how much filler would it take? I know it's a small bump but it really bothers me when I see side profiles of myself. Thank you!!

Fellers to fix subtle on the nose

Placement of fillers in the nose is only temporary, is not FDA approved for that application, and can have significant complications such as skin necrosis. Placement of fillers also makes the nose bigger, taller, and wider because it adds volume to the nose. In order to decrease the total projection of the nose, shave down the dorsal hump and refine the nose  permanently,requires a closed rhinoplasty procedure with all the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Digital computer imaging would also be helpful to understand what can and cannot be accomplished with your nose on your facial features. For many examples and more information of surgical  rhinoplasty, please see the link and the video below

Non surgical rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photos. Fillers are great for situations like yours where there is a small bump that you need to camouflage. Of course, adding filler will make your nose bigger by definition but because it is a small bump, less 1cc of filler is needed and you will not notice the change in size. If done well it can look good for you. As you know you will need annual or so top-ups to ensure it results are maintenained. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers are an option for you

When we camouflage a small bump with fillers what we actually do is fill the "low" spots on either side. In your photos it looks like a little filler just above the bump would be best. Overall, your nose would not look larger, just straighter. We have had very good results with this technique in our practice.

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Nosejob Needs--Fillers (voluma, restylane, juvederm)

I recommend getting a formal evaluation with a cosmetic dermatologist to discuss your desired results and treatment options. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) can be used to improve symmetry of the nose and can disguise a bump. How much filler needed would be variable. Surgery would be needed for the nostrils/shape. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer