Can use of cannula in non sugical nose jobs eliminate the risk of vascular obstruction and skin necrosis?

I'm really scared about necrosis and vascular obstruction (and even getting blind) with a non surgical nose job. I'm forbidden to do surgery due to health issues. But I hate my droopy nose tip, And it looks so much better with a slight lift. But I'm really scared. Can use of cannula prevent this unwanted consequences? Thank you

Non Surgical Nose Job With Cannulas

Hi and thanks for your question. The Non Surgical Nose Job is an extremely safe, effective and well tolerated procedure. If performed by an experienced and careful injector, the results are great and the chance of adverse events is vanishingly small, certainly much, much less than surgery. Some people use needles, some use cannulas and neither way completely eliminates the risks. What they use is less important than their experience level and skill. I prefer needles because I think the precision is better with needles. I have performed more than 3000 of these procedures and continue to perform them daily in my office. I have never had a serious adverse event like you describe. The risk of blindness from injections is comparable to the risk of a plane crash, assuming the injections are done by an experienced professional. I would not let these worries stop you from getting the procedure. Hope that helps

Complications of non surgical rhinoplasty

The cannula will not prevent these complications and will not decrease the risk to zero. Some believe the risk is lower than using needles but both techniques are acceptable and widely used. There is a risk with anything you do but the risk is small. Good luck

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Non Surgical Nosejob Safety Needs--Fillers (voluma, restylane, juvederm) with Cannulas

Yes, cannulas can be used to increase the safety and reduce complications. Facial fillers (Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm) could be used to improve symmetry of the nose and reduce the appearance of a bump, but surgery may be needed for the nostrils/shape. I would have a formal consultation with an expert for best outcomes. Best, Dr. Emer