Why are my boobs naturally saggy? (Photo)

I've never been pregnant, I've never lost a whole bunch of weight at once, my boobs have always been droopy and uneven. What could cause that? And would I be a good candidate for a breast lift and breast implants?

Genetics can cause breasts to appear saggy.

Breasts come in a wide range of shapes, sizes and positions, and you need not have experienced pregnancy, breastfeeding or weight loss to have drooping breasts. In your case, your genetic makeup likely caused your breasts to be the way they are. You would certainly be a candidate for a combined breast lift with augmentation, which could improve both the shape and position of your breasts, helping you to enjoy newfound confidence in your appearance. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon for the best results.

Folsom Plastic Surgeon

Your genes are probably to blame for naturally sagging skin.

Sometimes, cosmetic concerns like sagging breasts can be chalked up to the hand you were dealt by your gene pool. Things like pregnancy, breastfeeding and significant weight loss can absolutely affect breast size and position, but if you’ve always been unhappy with the position and slight unevenness of your breasts, genetics are most likely the culprit.

The good news is that a breast lift with implants should be able to give you the even, lifted results you’re looking for. Based on your photos, it seems like you could be an excellent candidate for a breast lift with implants, although it’s still a good idea to schedule an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get an individualized assessment.

Alexander G. Nein, MD, MS, FACS

Why are my boobs naturally saggy?

Breasts come in many shapes and sizes and I see quite a few young women who developed saggy at puberty.  Sometimes it because there is a lack of breast substance in the lower portion of the breast.  Sometimes this runs in the family and sometimes it occurs sporadically.  Fortunately surgery can help!  Many times an implant, fat transfer and/or a lift can help establish a more youthful shape.  If you are interested in surgery, you should consult someone who had a lot of experience with this.

Lisa Lynn Sowder, MD

Saggy Breasts

The size and shape of your breast are largely determined by heredity.  Certainly weight loss and pregnancy can be other factors which affect their shape and size. Judging by a review of your photos you appear to be a candidate for a breast lift procedure.  Most women who have this operation are very happy with the improvement to their shape and proportion. I hope you will investigate this further. Look for a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in breast surgery. Good luck.

Kevin Bounds, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Tuberous Breasts

I appreciate your question.

From your photo, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  A lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.  Implants will enhance volume.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Implants

Hello, thanks so much for your trust and your photos. Your shape is mostly genetics, don't worry you would feel more confident after implants and a lift. 

Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey! 

Respectfully, 

Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with an implant

Hello and thank you for your question.  The best advice you can receive is from an in-person consultation.  With that being said, based on your photographs, the best shape and contour could be achieved with an implant and a breast lift. A lift with an implant can result in a very nice shape if good technique is used.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Why are my boobs naturally saggy

The shape and location of your breast is mostly controlled by genetics at this point of your life. I do think a breast implant with a small lift would give you an improved shape and appearnce.

Julio Garcia, MD

Why are my boobs naturally saggy?

Thank you for your pictures and questions. What you have is a completely normal variant of anatomy. Some people are prone to developing in a way that predisposed them to naturally ptotic breasts. If you are unhappy with your breasts, then you should consider seeing a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss the possibility of a lift +/- implants (depending on your goals in terms of overall size). I think you would be a good candidate for this type of procedure. 

Dallas Buchanan, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Why are my boobs naturally saggy?

Thanks for including good photos with your question. The answer as to why you look like you do is nothing more than genetics. Certainly other things like pregnancy and weight gain and loss will play a roll in breast shape also. In your case a modest breast lift and augmentation is a possibility to reshape the breasts to a more youthful positioning and a fuller look if that is your goal. Understand that if the surgery is performed there may be further changes down the road when you begin to have babies. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD