Why does my face look fatter after chin and neck liposuction?

Hi, I'm 24 and had chin and neck liposuction, it's 5 weeks post op and I feel like my face actually looks fatter now Is it still swelling or is it because I had fat removed from under my chin that it doesn't balance with my face anymore Please help

Post op swelling

Hello. At this point it could definitely still be post op swelling. 

Two options to help

1. Salt restricted diet, this seems simple but can make a big difference. Less than 1000mg/d

2. If they gave you a facial garment ( I give patients a Velcro garment for pressure ) start wearing that at night. For another 2 wks or so. 

Best of luck

DrC

Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Still Swollen--Add Venus Legacy, hyperbaric oxygen

It can take a few months for swelling to subside. To speed up healing, you can try hyperbaric oxygen and Venus Legacy radiofrequency treatments. Follow up with your Dr. if you're concerned. I suggest LED treatments as well.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Face appearance

It is hard to comment without seeing photos. It could be swelling which takes 4-6 months to settle down

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon