What Lip Injections last the longest? How long does it take to heal? (photos)

I've been looking all over for the answer to some questions I have about getting lip injections and I can't seem to find a clear, simple answer. Maybe someone here will be able to help. What lasts the longest? How long does it take to heal? When can I use product on my lips again? How much does it cost? I want my lips as full as the picture. Is that realistic?

Lip Augmentation with Injections- Everything you want to know in 30 seconds!

Lip enhancement with dermal fillers has become one of the most popular in-office treatments for individuals in their 20s-40s, due to its safety and high patient satisfaction. Products most successfully used are made of hyaluronic acid, including Restylane, Restylane Silk, Juvederm, and Belotero. (Products to AVOID in the lips are Radiesse, Sculptra, Silikon, or Bellafill.) 1-2cc are typically used, depending upon your anatomy and goals. Most individuals utilize about 65% in their upper lip and 35% in their lower lip, but this is quite variable depending upon your anatomy and goals. Fillers can be used to help define the red lip / white lip border (called the vermilion border), smooth any vertical lip lines at the vermilion border, or simply to plump the red lip itself.

Injections are done in the office with topical numbing pretreatment. Swelling always occurs, occasionally can be dramatic, but typically resolves within 2-3 days. Clear your social calendar for a day or 2 if its your very first time getting injections. Depending upon the product used, duration of benefit can be 4 months to 12 months, and cost per cc can range from $500-700 per cc. If you get cold sores, tell your doctor in advance so that you can start an antiviral 3-4 days BEFORE your injections to prevent an outbreak. And avoid aspirin, ibuprofen, and fish oils for 10 days before your injections to limit bruising. Good luck!  -Randolph Capone, MD, FACS

Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers and fat-grafting are two good options

It is a good idea to go to a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation. Every person's lips are different. Results vary based on the shape of your lips and the amount of filler that can be injected at one time.
On average 1-2 syringes are usually needed to achieve desired results. I do lip injections on a regular basis. Fillers that hold up well in the lips are Juvederm and Restylane, both are HA filler. These options can last 6 months to a year.  The area may bruise up to a week.  We offer all patients arnica to help speed the healing process.  

Another option that you can go with is fat grafting.  This would be a permanent result.  The procedure can be done in office under local anesthesia (shot of numbing medication to the areas) and takes about an hour. Fat is harvested from another location (such as the abdomen), purified and then injected into the lips. About 10-30% of the injected fat will be reabsorbed by the body. As with any injection, bruising can sometimes occur. Most people can usually return to work the next day. Although your lips will be swollen for approximately 2 weeks. This can range from $1500.00 to $2500.00.  

Lip Injections

Restylane® Silk is expected to last 6 months up to 1 year, however this will vary from patient to patient. Juvaderm Ultra and Utlra Plus are also great options for lip augmentation that lasts 9-12 months on most patient.
Some studies show a collagen stimulatory effect that may allow longer lasting in certain individuals.

#RestylaneSilk   #JuvedermUltra   #JuvedermUltraPlus

Lip Enhancements with fillers.

Lip fillers such as restylane or juvederm ($550/syringe and often 2 syringes needed-lasts up to 6 months) are really the only practical choices other than going to the more permanent implants ($1500-2000/lip implant) which I recommend doing after you decide the size you like. Lip implants are easy to put in and easy to remove if you ever decide that is what you want. Sincerely, David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Permanent lip injections

Liquid siilicone injections will last forever. Often, their results look like the picture you sent. However, it is an off label use of a medical product made for other purposes. They are best given incrementally (repeated injections)  rather than an all at once procedure . The total cost is likely less than repeated injections of commonly used fillers. The result cannot readily be reversed if the result is unsatisfactory. Silicone implants can give permanent results and can be removed if desired. 

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Injections and Longevity

Resylane, Juvederm, Volbella, and Beloero are all used in the lips.  The longevity depends on how much product is used but Juvederm and Volbella tend to last the longest.  Please consult an expert in facial injections for the best cosmetic results. Best, Dr. Green

Lip Augmentation

#RestylaneSilk   #lipaugmentation   #Restylanetreatments

Lip Enhancement With Dermal Fillers

Lip fillers such as restylane, belotero and juvederm ($700/syringe and often 2 syringes needed-lasts up to 12 months). Lip implants last of course longer and can be removed easily if you which to replace volume. Prices for implants vary from state to state, it can run from 1000.00 to 3000.00. For further assistant and a good assessment please contact a double board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation to discuss how best you can reach your goal.

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Injections last the longest

The longest lasting treatment is probably to inject your own fat. However, long term fillers or fat injection have significant potential issues. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and master injector who can evaluate your options and recommend the treatment option that best meets your needs/objectives.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Lip injection

The longest lasting lip injection is your own fat. If injected correctly by a board certified plastic surgeon it out lasts the other fillers. 

Jan Garcia Jr., MD