How long before the bruising from Cellfina will subside? (Photos)

I had Cellfina over three months ago for wavy type cellulite on the front on my thighs and now I have noticeable bruising and large indentations mark that I did not have before this procedure. Will this appearance improve? How long? My legs look way worse now than when I hd the procedure done.

Cellfina is approved for the buttocks and the backs of the thighs. It is also for cellulite dimpling. It is not indicated for wavy cellulite. I would return to your provider to discuss the results.

Cellfian on top of the thighs

I would have the doctor that did the Cellfina examine you and go over the options for treating your areas of concern. At this time Cellfina is FDA approved to treat the cellulite bands on the back of the thighs and buttock area. I have not used Cellfina for the top of the thighs yet.

Ben J. Tittle, MD

Cellfina for the front of the thighs

Cellfina for the front of the thighsBruising and swelling can be typicalUsed on moderate to severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance. There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Results can be seen in as little as three days post-op. Most patients report some soreness, tenderness, and bruising, which should resolve within a week. 90% of patients reported no bruising after one month. But as in your case ,discoloration can persist.  This may be improved with BBL and arnica.  I offer Cellfina Platinum which includes treatments after to diminish swelling and tighten the skin but the anterior thigh is still a problem.

Post Cellfina

Best advice is to return back to your treating physician. Have them examine you as well as review you before and after photos. They should then discuss options with you to improve upon the depressions you have in your skin.

Cellfina Post Treatment Indentations, Swelling, Bruising on Legs

Swelling or discoloration is not normal this far out from the procedure.  Cellfina is not approved for the front of the thigh and you take risk with off label treatment.  We have all of our patients do z wave or cellutone/shock therapy and venus legacy/exilis ultra starting a day after treatment.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

This is a very difficult area to treat.  It gives inconsistent results due to skin in this area.  The bruising should resolve with time.  Indentations may need a different approach. For areas that have been previously treated without the desired outcome the use of fat graft could potentially improve the contour.

Hi.  It is difficult to see the bruising on those photos.  In general the bruising from Cellfina fades in a week or two.  If you still have discoloration, it could be staining from where the blood/bruising was.  The indentations continue to improve with the highest satisfaction being at 2 years.  Make an appointment to see your Doctor who performed the Cellfina!  I hope this helps.  

Marilyn Pelias, MD
New Orleans General Surgeon