Can I use CoolSculpting about an inch under my breasts?

I have little fat pockets that won't go away just under my breasts. If I use coolsculting, will the procedure effect my breasts or will the dying fat cells spread to my breasts?

Coolsculpting Under Breasts

If the applicator fits it likely can be used I have found that hi definition liposuction works best here because you also get skin tightening.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting

I appreciate your question.
Coolsculpting works well in the upper abdomen if the applicator can fit.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

CoolSculpting is great for fat reduction in many different areas.

#CoolSculpting works by freezing fat that is within the "grasp" of the applicator.  It will not affect fat outside of that area. There are now many applicator sizes and shapes that will fit most patients needs very well.  You just need an assessment to determine if the area you need treated fits with one of the applicators.  If not your other option is #Liposonix:  also an FDA approved permanent, non-invasive treatment for unwanted fat.

Susan Van Dyke, MD
Paradise Valley Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I use CoolSculpting under my breasts?

If the area you want treated isn't actually part of your breast, has fullness from fat, and a CoolSculpting applicator fits adequately, then that area can be treated with CoolSculpting.  The only way to be sure is to have a consultation with an experienced office.

Carmen Kavali, MD

CS under the breasts

As long as those fat pockets are pinchable, then you can treat them.  If they are more dense and you can't really pinch them, then liposuction may be a better option.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

CoolSculpting Under Bra Area

The area under the breasts seems to be a trouble spot for many women.  While this is an "off label" use, CoolSculpting can be successfully used in the area.  At our office, we have treated this area numerous times and seen great results.  An in-person consultation with an experienced provider will help ensure you are a good candidate and have sufficient tissue to pull into an applicator.  

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting Under The Breasts

If we can get an applicator to fit on the area then it can be treated with CoolSculpting. The fat cells will not spread to the breasts. Find an experienced provider that has all the applicators available to determine if you are a suitable candidate for the treatment. Best of luck.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Coolsculpting under breasts

Treating this area with Coolsculpting is considered an "off label" treatment.  It can be done however if there is some laxity and enough tissue for the treatment head to treat.  If there is not enough laxity to get a good "pull" into the treatment head maybe see if they offer the CoolSmooth treatment.  This is a flat treatment head that does not use suction to pull in the fatty tissue.  This CoolSmooth head rather lays flat against the skin but takes 2 hours per treatment instead of 1 hour with the suction assisted treatment.  Best of luck.

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting near rib cage

I have successfully treated this area with Coolsculpting but it will vary from patient to patient. The fat over the rib cage is typically more dense and may require 2 treatments or liposuction for optimal improvement. An examination is needed to know for sure if you are a good candidate to treat this area. It should not affect your breasts but an exam is needed. Best of luck

Josh Olson MD

CoolSculpting for upper abdominal fat is effective

Without any photos of your abdomen, it is impossible to tell you for certain if you are a good candidate for CoolSculpting.  That being said, many patients undergo this procedure for upper abdominal fat with great results.  Patient satisfaction is usually very high for this procedure.  In one of the larger studies done on CoolSculpting, the average patient saw about 23% reduction in fat thickness (measured by calipers) three months after the procedure.  I recommend contacting a Cosmetic Dermatologist in your area for a consultation!

Jill C. Fichtel, MD
Columbus Dermatologic Surgeon