Coolsculpting before cellfina? Or cellfina before cool sculpting?

I am interested in getting cool sculpting done on inner knees, inner and outer thighs. I would also like to get cellfina for cellulite that I have had ever since I can remember. What order should I do this? I'm assuming they should not be done at the same time. Or can they?

CoolSculpting and Cellfina are fantastic treatment options to combine for multiple concerns

Hello and thank you for asking such a great question. It is quite obvious that you've been doing your homework on treatments and I think you have a great plan in place regarding your selection of treatments.  CoolSculpting can work so nicely on the knee area as long as we confirm that a handpiece will fit you correctly and the tissue is able to be drawn into the applicator. Inner and outer thigh areas are also excellent areas to be treated with CoolSculpting.  Be sure to have a consultation and confirm that the tissue on the outer thighs will work well with the available applicators at the practice you choose! I recommend that you begin with CoolSculpting (lipo is another option, but is surgery).  It's entirely possible to treat Cellfina on the same day, but I don't recommend it and you won't want to.

You'll have hours invested in treatment of CoolSculpting (even in practices like ours that offer dualsculpting), and you may have some swelling in the treated areas. Cellfina is providing dramatic and beautiful results on dimpled cellulite, and I am excited for you to see your results.  I have a great example of my patient's results; the combination of CoolSculpting/Cellfina, or Lipo/Cellfina are just so exciting.

I wish you all the best!

Jenn Harrington, MD

Cellfina or Coolsculpting first?

You are a Dermatologic or Plastic surgeon's dream--you are so eager to spend money on not one but two technologies! However, you are wise to recognize that "cellulite" and localized excess fat are two different things.

Since cellulite is caused by skin laxity (with natural tethering fibrous septae, nerves and vertical vessels) being pushed against by localized excess fat, trying to reduce the fatty component (and seeing if the skin has any retraction/contraction via innate residual elasticity) seems a logical first step. You may see a reduction or elimination of cellulite in one or more areas treated by Coolsculpting, though Coolsculpting is not advertised or proposed as "treatment" for cellulite. Still, if it can reduce one of the components of cellulite-causing physical characteristics, then by all means try Coolsculpting first.

Do not do both together; good or bad results will be confused as to which modality caused which. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction before Cellfina for knee fat treatment

Liposuction, not Cellfina, can reduce the fat of the inner knees.  Cellulite is rare in the inner knee.  Liposuction rarely results in dimples or indents in the skin and Cellfina might be able to lift up these indents after liposuction. Therefore, the most efficient model of a treatment plan, would be liposuction first, then Cellfina second.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting first

We have seen cellulite improvement after Coolsculpting.  I would do the Coolsculpting first to see if you still need Cellfina afterwards.  Who know? You might be one of the lucky ones!
Sheila Nazarian

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

I would recommend CoolSculpting first.  Then Cellfina could be used on a smaller amount of bulky skin to help smooth the problems caused by cellulite. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for evaluation.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina for cellulite and coolsculpting

coolscupting results take 3 months to see, and cellfina is more quick so its up to you which result youd rather see more quickly.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting and Cellfina

Good question!

If you are a candidate for Coolsculpting in the areas you mentioned, then I would suggest the Coolsculpting first.  We have seen remarkable improvements to cellulite with the Coolsculpting.  Areas treated for fat reduction are not only reduced in size but often improve significantly in texture, smoothness and the appearance of cellulite.  If at least 3 months after Coolsculpting you still have cellulite you wish to address and improve, then consult your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation for Cellfina.

Grant Stevens, MD

Coolsculpting and cellulite

I appreciate your question.
The good news is that coolsculpting can improve cellulite as well as give you a better contour
If you still have cellulite after, then you could consider cellfina

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz