How Can I Fix Eyes That Are Too Big?

Hi, my problem is that i feel my eyes are bigger (more prominent) than before (2-3 years ago). Im 23 and no thyro problems. No trauma either. And my optician said that my skull didn't change since 5-6 years so what's happening?? How can i change it, and how can i have a better look (with eyebrows arch "over" the eyes, like others men...) A plastic surgery operation could help me? Thanks a lot

Doctor Answers 3

Eyes too big?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without a proper exam and medical history I could not tell you. Photos would be helpful as well to offer an opinion.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

Eyes too big

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There have been many studies showing that men have more prominent eyes than women, and african-derived cultures have more prominent eyes than Caucasians, who in turn have more prominent eyes than Asians.  However, there is considerable variability within each subgroup.  You may have prominent eyes that run in your family.  Alternatively, you may have a medical problem- sometimes this can be difficult to diagnose, and certainly you should have a consultation with an Orbital Specialist. 

CT Scans may be helpful.  Ultimately, even if this is "normal" for you, we can offer cosmetic orbital decompression for this problem to move the eyes deeper in the sockets.  Again, this should only be done by an expert orbital surgeon (especially one who is comfortable with the cosmetic decompression), as there are serious potential complications.

Good Luck (bon chance).

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyes too big!

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Without photographs, I could not say what treatment would be needed if any. Resubmit this with a frontal non smiling photo.  

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

You might also like...

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.