Why is my left eye weird? Very profound lines in my eyelid. (photos)

My left eye is different from the other..left eye always feels tired,or not getting enough sleep..it feels like sometimes it has sand inside that I wanted to scoop my eyes and brush the sand off...and the eyelid is very weird from the other..I work in a construction site office.how do I get this eyelid normal?is this drooping?

Why is my left eye weird? Very profound lines in my eyelid.

Thank you for your question.  There are usually tiny fibres which join the muscle to the skin so that when the muscle elevates the eyelid, it pulls the skin into the eye socket.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Upper eyelid asymmetry

Hi and thanks for the photo and question.  I believe the eyelid with the double folds has had had partial detachment of the muscle that elevates the eyelid (Levator palpebrae superioris) from the skin.  There are usually tiny fibres which join the muscle to the skin so that when the muscle elevates the eyelid, it pulls the skin into the eye socket.  On one side these attachments are gone or stretched resulting in the skin falling out of the groove when the eyelid opens.This can be corrected with an upper eyelid blepharoplasty with re-insertion of the muscle into the skin.  You should discuss this with a Specialist Plastic Surgeon or an Oculoplastic Surgeon.

Regards

Dr Mark Hanikeri MBBS, FRACS

Perth Specialist Plastic Surgeon