Botox or fillers?

I planned to have botox for my forehead wrinkles. Is it safe for patients with myasthenia gravis? Is drooping of the upper eyelids an expected outcome of botox injected onto the forehead? Is it reversible?

Botox contraindications

@Mcbabiera,

Unfortunately Botox is contraindicated for patients with a neuromuscular disease. Drooping of the eyelids is NOT an expected outcome of an expert injector, and it is not reversible, however it is not permanent as it's effect should wear off in about 3-4 months.

Best of luck to you.

#myasthniagravis   #botox  #neuromusculardisorders

Injectables and MS

You should always check with your treating physician with any underlying medical or neurologic problem if you are a candidate.  Best, Dr. Green

Myasthenia gravis and Botox

No, unfortunately, Botox is not an appropriate option for people with neuromuscular disease like Myasthenia Gravis. Botox is also not reversible. However, fillers are reversible and can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Botox and Myasthenia Gravis

Hello Mcbabiera,
Botulinum toxin of any kind is contraindicated if you have Myasthenia Gravis. Botox injected too close to your eyelids, and the main muscle that raises your eyelids can cause drooping eyelid and unfortunately is not reversible. You should always consult with your neurologist. Dermal fillers on the other hand carry no risk with myasthenia gravis. Best to you, Dr Faraz