How long is the recovery for a thigh lift? (Photo)

I'm considering adding a thigh lift to my list of procedures. How long is the recovery time generally? Is it a painful recovery? When can you start working out again?

How long for thigh lift recovery.

Hello and thank you for your question. I  have a couple questions for you first. Did you have significant weight loss?  You mentioned doing other procedures. From what I can see you may very well get a good result from a spiral thigh lift with only a small chance for a medial longitudinal component. I n this case recovery is reasonable and will not increase your recovery time if let's say you are doing this at the same time as a tummy tuck. 
Looking at your photos if you don't mind me saying, it looks like a lower body lift would give you an excellent result.  Certainly in my hands a more hour glass figure can be obtained having a lower body lift.
Lower body lift and spiral thigh lift can be done at the same time.
Peter Fisher M.D. 

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Should not add any time

Kini, Let's assume you're adding this to a Tummy-Tuck? then the recovery time i.e.should be about the same. Obviously if you're adding this to removal of a skin mole the time off will be much longer.
Hope this helps

Max Gouverne, MD
Corpus Christi Plastic Surgeon

Thigh Lift Surgery Recovery

Thigh lift surgery tightens excess thigh skin which ultimately improves thigh contour. Patients can anticipate limited physical activity for ten to fourteen days following surgery. I, typically tell patients bathroom and kitchen privileges initially with slow resumption of normal activity over the next two weeks. Patients can usually return to work in two weeks if no strenuous activity or heavy lifting is involved. After six weeks, they can resume all their normal activities including heavy lifting.

Drains are placed at the time of surgery and are usually removed within two weeks of surgery. Patients typically wear compression dressings for about three weeks following surgery. This minimizes swelling and increases comfort. Most patients are initially given narcotic pain relievers and switched to double strength Tylenol five to seven days following surgery.

Patients with small children should have assistance with childcare for at least one week and patients should not drive while taking narcotics.

For many patients, thigh lift surgery is a life changing experience. The procedure ultimately improves self-confidence, self-image and self-esteem.

Thigh Lift | Recovery

Thank you for your question about thigh lift recovery.

What other procedure(s) are you having done?  If you are getting breast and tummy procedures, then adding a thigh lift does not significantly add to the recovery...though you may want to consider an overnight stay in the hospital.

To be sure what might be right for you, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Thigh lift recovery

Thanks for showing your photos.  I think you would be a great candidate for a thigh lift.  The recovery is usually not to bad.  1-2 weeks off work depending on you job, return to exercise in 6-8 weeks.  Good luck!

Gordon Lewis, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon