Juvederm in cheeks or nasolabial folds? (Photos)

I would like to soften my nasolabial folds and add some volume to my cheek area. Should I get voluma in cheeks or Juvaderm ultra in nasolabial folds? Also do I need filler in any other areas like around my chin? Thanks

Where fillers are required

In general, I wouldn't say you "need" fillers anywhere. You have a nice, natural looking face & great shape to it. If you wanted, you could soften the nasolabial lines a bit and plump up the cheek bones a bit, perhaps using Juvederm Ultra plus in both areas. You might also consider putting some filler into your chin to balance the face a bit.

Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm versus Voluma

Thank you for your question astrogod. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the appearance of the face. Certain fillers work better than others depending on the area. For example for my patients I prefer Voluma for the cheeks and Juvederm for the nasolabial folds and lips. In order to address concerns such as the nasolabial folds, we need to understand why they appear. Part of it is due to volume loss in the cheeks. This volume can be restored with Voluma in the cheeks. Juvederm can also be placed directly in the nasolabial folds. The advantage of Voluma is threefold: 1. It addresses the cause of the problem rather than the result of the problem. 2. It also restores the youthful apple of the cheeks. 3. Most people enjoy their results longer with Voluma. For these reasons most of my patients start with Voluma in the cheeks. Then if further enhancement is desired either more Voluma can be placed in the cheeks of Juvederm can be placed in the nasolabial folds. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Juvederm ultra vs voluma

The product of choice depends on what area you want to treat.  Juvederm
Ultra Plus works great in the nasolabial folds.  Juvederm Voluma works
best in the cheeks.  Talk to your injector to discuss what your goals are,
he or she will choose the right filler for your needs.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat

Fillers can be used to contour the face, I suggest you see a physician who does contouring and not just line filling.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm/Voluma for Cheeks and Nasal Labial Folds

As a general principle I like to treat the cheeks first with Voluma and then re-evaluate the nasal labial folds and treat as necessary.  The reason for this is that treating the cheeks, positively affects, the cheeks, jaw line and even the eye area.  You can finish of the details in the nasal labial folds with Juvederm if necessary.

Juvederm in cheeks or nasolabial folds?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  I think you would do well with first adding Voluma to your cheeks to improve your nasolabial folds and under-eye region while enhancing your cheek prominence and definition.  Once your cheeks have reached your desired size then add a thinner dermal filler into your nasolabial folds and marionette lines for fine-tuning.  Hope this helps.

Juvederm for cheeks or nasolabial folds

Juvederm is a great product line and the best results can be achieved when great products are injected in appropriate areas. It is an absolute must that the face be analysed by the expert and then treated by that same expert. There are many ways to treat nasolabial folds and cheeks but some of these ways are just not appropriate to the patient in front of us.
To better analyze your face, it would be best to see you in 3D (i.e. in person) and to feel your face. The treatments depend on bone structure, skin elasticity, texture and the way it moves. It is not as easy as looking at the pictures. You deserve best results.
Please make sure that you have a thorough consultation and assessment with experienced doctor prior to undergoing any procedure.
I hope that helps and best regards, Dr. Sapijaszko.

Mariusz Sapijaszko, MD, FRCPC
Edmonton Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for cheeks and nasolabial folds

You would benefit from Juvederm Voluma filler first in your cheeks and then assess your nasolabial folds.  Voluma or Juvederm Ultra can be used for the nasolabial folds and marionette lines to replace lost volume.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm in the cheeks or nasolabial folds?

You actually have very favorable facial features from the photos. I do not know your age, but you do have some early nasolabial folds which should respond well to a filler. You seem to have some early flattening (volume loss) in your cheeks, and Voluma would be an excellent choice to augment your cheeks if desired.

Gustavo E. Galante, MD
Schererville Plastic Surgeon

Voluma And Juvederm

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Based on your photographs, you appear to be an excellent candidate for both Voluma and Juvederm.  I would suggest that you start with Voluma first and then add Juvederm as necessary for your desired degree of correction.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved with a combination of Voluma and Juvederm to restore age-related volume loss.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!