How long before I can have my Lip Filler Topped up / Done again? 1ml? (Photo)

I had 1ml of Juvederm ultra 3 in my lips just over 3 weeks ago. I loved the look of them more when they were swollen and definitely want them bigger! How do I have to wait before having another 1ml again (and so they're bigger!) Also, Will they last longer? Thank you.

Lip filler top up

I usually recommend waiting 3-4 weeks before adding more filler.  Yes they will likely last longer as well.

Second syringe of lip filler

Hi there, thanks for the question.  Your lips look great!  Typically by two weeks you can re-inject more fillers, so go ahead and see your provider for more.  Best wishes, Dr. Michelle Spring

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

You can inject fillers immediately no need to wait.  If there is significant swelling and bruising we will often wait a few weeks till cleared.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Lip filler

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. If you want fuller lips, there isn't any reason why you can't have more product added at this time. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.    

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Thank you for your question Pinky249. Juvederm is a filler used to enhance the face. After any injection there is a risk of swelling. This usually lasts up to two weeks, at which point final results are seen. In our office we have patients return two weeks after their treatment to take after photographs and assess their results. At that point more filler can be added. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Additional Lip Filler

When it comes to cosmetic treatments, I always believe that less is more. That is to say, inject conservatively and more can always be added if the patient desires. I always advise my patients to wait until all swelling has subsided before coming in for evaluation, but I think it is safe to say that at 3 weeks post, your swelling is gone and the result you're seeing now is the final result. At this point, there is no need to wait and it would be safe to have more filler injected if you so desire. In terms of how long they will last, there is really no correlation between more filler and it lasting longer.

Dennis Gross, MD

Touching up lip augmentation

Each injector has different protocol for when and if to touch up the treatment. Your should consult your injector as he or she knows the specifics about you. 

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS