Clear and Brilliant vs microneedling?

I've just had one round of the Clear and Brilliant Laser which felt almost like a supercharged version of microdermabrasion. When I talked to the doctor that did it, he said that micro-needling wouldn't be necessary if I just kept with the Clear and Brilliant. It seems to me that micro needling and Clear and Brilliant work on different layers, is that right? Or am I just creating more work for myself?

C + B is not a scar revision laser

C + B is a very superficial laser that does not penetrate deep in the skin. Depending on the handpiece used it can help with some toning, pore, and fine wrinkle issues. Needling targets the dermal layer by piercing the skin and inducing collagen production. This can help get with acne scars, wrinkles, and can also tighten the skin. It can be done with a pen, roller, and with the aid of Radiofrequency. The length of the needle can be picked to pick the layer of the dermis you want to reach. Both are great options for patients. Speak to a dermatologist. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

C + B is not a scar revision laser

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Clear and Brilliant and micro needling.

Yes C and B Permea is one of the best laser for low downtime improvement of the UPPER layer of the skin. Micro needling targets the dermal layer. In some cases both can be done at the same time for enhanced results. In fact with one treatment of C and B permea, RF micro needling and PRP, you may get wonderful results with only a 2-3 day downtime- at most. See a Specialist who can perform all these procedures. Dr Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Clear and Brilliant and micro needling.

Clear + Brilliant and Microneedling

Both C+B and Microneedling are helpful.

The work in different ways so they are more complimentary.

Doing both should be very nice.

Clear + Brilliant and Microneedling

Both C+B and Microneedling are helpful.

Doing both should be very nice.

Clear & Brilliant vs Microneedling

Both of these procedures are used to improve texture and pore size and improve penetration of cosmeceuticals applied afterward with minimal downtime.  Both can be used at different defined depths   - for microneedling based on needle length and for clear and brilliant based on which of two hand pieces (wavelengths) is chosen.  The 'strength' of the treatment will be based on number of passes, and for clear and brilliant the amount of heat (the power setting).  To me the benefit of clear and brilliant over microneedling is that heat which can trigger additional skin tightening.  

Ultimately, however, it is the person doing the treatment not the device that will make the difference. She will determine the best protocol for you.

I hope this answer was helpful. Best wishes.

Clear & Brilliant vs Microneedling

Clear + Brilliant versus microneedling

Both Clear + Brilliant and microneedling are great treatments and very popular in our clinic. I commonly combine Clear + Brilliant treatments with microneedling to get the best results. It all depends on what you are trying to treat (acne scars, textural irregularity, pore size, dyschromia, etc). See an experienced physician to come up with a treatment plan. 

Clear + Brilliant versus microneedling

Clear and Brilliant vs Microneedling....

Thank you for your question.  Both C+B and Microneedling are fantastic treatments.  Their difference lies in what you are attempting to treat.  In our experience, C+B is phenomenal for tone, texture irregularities, and pores additionally the Permea handpiece works for pigment and infusing topicals.  Microneedling works best for collagen induction and pathology that would be improved by this includes acne, acne scarring, and wrinkles.  The two treatments can even be combined to yield synergistic effects.  Good Luck!  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon