Clear and Brilliant vs microneedling?

I've just had one round of the Clear and Brilliant Laser which felt almost like a supercharged version of microdermabrasion. When I talked to the doctor that did it, he said that micro-needling wouldn't be necessary if I just kept with the Clear and Brilliant. It seems to me that micro needling and Clear and Brilliant work on different layers, is that right? Or am I just creating more work for myself?

Clear & Brilliant vs Microneedling

Both of these procedures are used to improve texture and pore size and improve penetration of cosmeceuticals applied afterward with minimal downtime.  Both can be used at different defined depths   - for microneedling based on needle length and for clear and brilliant based on which of two hand pieces (wavelengths) is chosen.  The 'strength' of the treatment will be based on number of passes, and for clear and brilliant the amount of heat (the power setting).  To me the benefit of clear and brilliant over microneedling is that heat which can trigger additional skin tightening.  

Ultimately, however, it is the person doing the treatment not the device that will make the difference. She will determine the best protocol for you.

I hope this answer was helpful. Best wishes.

Clear + Brilliant versus microneedling

Both Clear + Brilliant and microneedling are great treatments and very popular in our clinic. I commonly combine Clear + Brilliant treatments with microneedling to get the best results. It all depends on what you are trying to treat (acne scars, textural irregularity, pore size, dyschromia, etc). See an experienced physician to come up with a treatment plan. 

Clear and Brilliant vs Microneedling....

Thank you for your question.  Both C+B and Microneedling are fantastic treatments.  Their difference lies in what you are attempting to treat.  In our experience, C+B is phenomenal for tone, texture irregularities, and pores additionally the Permea handpiece works for pigment and infusing topicals.  Microneedling works best for collagen induction and pathology that would be improved by this includes acne, acne scarring, and wrinkles.  The two treatments can even be combined to yield synergistic effects.  Good Luck!  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon