Do topical thermogenic gels work to burn belly fat?

There are gels now that you can rub on belly that heats up helping you burn fat in that region. Do you think this works or its fake?

Do topical thermogenic gels work to burn belly fat

I would suggest you save your money and lose the f at the old-fashioned way with diet and exercise

Hi-

Unfortunately I have been very underwhelmed with any topical treatments. Non-invasive treatment like Thermi and coolscultping are good options for the right patient. Find a board certified plastic surgeon in your area that you trust and find out the best option for you. Good Luck!

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Topical thermogenics

These products are not regulated by the FDA and can make any claims without scientific corroboration.  Please save your money.

No, I would not expect gels to work. My best advise: do your best with a healthy diet and exercise program. Then, if you still have concerns about diet and exercise resistant adipose tissue, seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons in your area. Best wishes.

Thermogenic gels

Won't work, save your money: feeling warmth in belly skin does not = burn fat.  Anyone can claim anything and sell it without any scientific backing.

An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Topical Thermogenics for Belly Fat

Exercise, reduction in caloric intake, avoiding excessive sugars and fat, some noninvasive technology such as Sculpsure (spot reduction, not overall fat reduction), and liposuction are proven ways of reducing belly fat. If it were as easy as rubbing some cream on your stomach, plastic surgeons would be selling that potion  like hotcakes and you'd be hearing about it from Oprah or TV shows. Unfortunately, there is no free lunch when it come to improving your physique – either you have to pay a plastic surgeon to get rid of your fat with liposuction or you've got to work it off yourself. 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Creams/gels for fat loss

Topical products cannot and do not result in reduction of fat.  If so, we all would be selling them.  If it sounds to good to be true.  It is.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Belly fat

I know of three ways to get rid of belly fat ---- 1- diet   2- exercise   3- liposuction. Creams and gels do nothing other than extract cash from your pocket.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Caveat Emptor. If it worked I would sell it , but I've never even heard about it for weight loss. Beware the dangerous internet. It is full of lotions and potions with huge claims of success but little science or proof. If you try it and it works please let me know. Thanks,

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon