Tragus Earring during surgery?

So, I got my tragus pierced about 4 months ago and had a horrible healing process with it. I go to have surgery soon for a deviated septum and swollen inferior turbinates. If I change my sterling silver tragus earring into a plastic one then put a band-aid on it during the surgery, will that be okay? I really don't want to take it about due to the healing process and I love the way it looks.

Earrings and surgery

Every surgery facility will have a different policy for earrings and surgery.  I would recommend contacting the nurse manage or charge nurse of your surgery center or hospital to ask about their policy.

Best Wishes

Dubuque Facial Plastic Surgeon

Piercings

In general, we recommend removing all piercings.  Switching to a non-metallic piercing is often acceptable.  I would speak specifically with your surgeon and the facility where the surgery will be performed as this can vary from one place to the next.

James Chan, MD
Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon