Upright regrowing hairs or miniaturization? (Photo)

I went through a telogen effluvium 18 months ago. Went to the doc and he said mpb as well. On 1 mg of propecia and hair began to shed heavily at the 3 month period for 4 months. Now been on propecia for 15 months, when combing my hair back i see little hairs sticking up with tapered ends. I feel likes it's regrowth but i cant tell if it's minaturized hair or regrowth. They look like many upright regrowing hairs but they seem to be thinner than the rest of my hair on my scalp which worries me.  

Grow, Grow, Grow-Hair Loss Treatments include PRP/Progesterone, Rogaine, Minoxidil

This looks like new growth. There are additional options you should consider: I have great success in my practice using injectable progesterone and prp to the scalp. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in hair loss for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

The drug finateride (Propecia) will regrow hairs in men of your age so what you are seeing may be new hair

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Upright regrowing hairs or miniaturization?

Loss of hair is a natural process when it is between the limits that the body can restore them. When the capacity of the body to restore the hair loss is beaten by the excessive hair loss then we can name this situation something that should be treated. Women started to experience balding even more in the last 2 decades. It is getting more and more common also in women population. However it is also good to know that this problem is also treatable when it is present in women.

To obtain alive hair follicles implanted in higher rates, the latest technique being used is not the only manner, it is also affected by compliance of implantation area that we found a better way to improve as a result of our researches, The Organic Hair Transplantation. By this new and unique Organic Hair Transplantation Technique, before the extraction and implantation processes; we regenerate the implantation area with injection of stem cell enriched fat tissue. Regeneration of cells in target area before FUE transplantation with the support of stromal stem cells results in higher rate of alive thicker hair follicles.

Organic Hair Transplantation is a surgical technique that moves individual hair follicles from a part of the body called “donor site” to bald or balding part of the body known as the “recipient site”. Grafts containing hair follicles that are obtained from genetically resistant to balding area transplanted to the bald scalp by latest minimally invasive technique. One of the most important reasons of the hair loss is the decreased quality of the scalp. Therefore to make the only transplantation would provide only a limited benefit without improving the quality of the scalp. In the “Organic Hair Transplantation”

You should also have a follow up or get a further opinion on what is happening by scheduling a consultation with a specialist. 

Hair Miniaturization or Regrowth

The easy answer is that nothing will actually "regrow" your hair. Propecia will make you less susceptible to the DHT that causes hair loss. You may also want to add Monoxidil or Rogaine to your daily regime to help strengthen up those hairs and take away from the miniaturization. 

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon