Can grey hair be reversed to dark hair as time progressed?

At a young age (10 years old) I started to grow grey hairs because of genetics. Now, I am 26 and I Don't see as much grey hairs on my head than I did in my teenage years between 14-20. Is it normal for grey hair to be reversed ? Furthermore, I started to see that my hairline was receding at the age of 20 and is now slowly thinning in the crowns and back of the head area. Is it possible that I have less grey hairs because I am balding and the first follicles to leave are the grey hairs?

Greetings

Thank you for your question. This can only be done by coloring your hair, once hair changes its pigmentation it can not change back.

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Can grey hair be reversed?

once the hair changes its pigmentation characteristics, it does not revert back. If you like to change the color of your hair, you need to use hair dye. 

Michael Meshkin, MD
Newport Beach Hair Restoration Surgeon

Grey Hair , Can It Be Reversed -- PRP, Progesterone, Latisse

Once hair goes grey it typically doesn't redarken, however, I have seen hair repigmentation in some instances with PRP and latisse.  The best treatment is hair coloring.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Gray hair

Gray hair reflects a change in the pigment of the hair follicles and it can not be reversed other than with dying which is most peoples solution

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon