Is this hair loss? Or is this normal and I'm overreacting? (photos)

I have a spot in the crown of my head that's been bothering me I'm 20yo and I just need to know if I should go to a doctor

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone, follicular unit (FUE) hair transplantation/ARTAS

I suggest a forma consultation with an expert , there are may options if there is hair loss found.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is this hair loss?

There is some see through from the pictures you showed.  Your biggest enemy is the progressive thinning leading to a balding pattern that is not evident at this point in time. The degree of thinning that you are experiencing would suggest that you should see a doctor who most likely will get Bulk Measurements of your hair to determine the degree of the thinning that you are presently having. If the diagnosis is early genetic hair loss (the most common cause of hair loss in young men), then the best treatment would be the drug finasteride which is highly effective in men of your age and may not only stop the hair loss but possibly reverse it. If you are developing a more advanced balding pattern the HAIRCHECK test will determine the Bulk Measurements of your hair and put a number on that hair loss (a metric) and this will show, over a one-year time frame, how effective the treatment will be. Once you know this information, then you and your doctor need to develop a MASTER PLAN which will define what you need to do over the years to come.

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Is this hair loss?

It does look like there is some thinning in the crown area. I would recommend a consultation with a hair loss specialist. He will evaluate and diagnose your condition then delineate a short and longterm plan.

Bernardino A. Arocha, MD

Bernardino Arocha, MD
Houston Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss - should I see a doctor?

The answer is yes - if one's hair loss bothers them, a medical evaluation is appropriate. A physician can help you with the diagnosis and then guide with treatment.