Can Invisalign Correct My Mild Underbite? (photo)

I was told many years ago (about 8 years ago) that my case could only be corrected by surgery and that even many years of braces might not achieve the desired result. Felt like that orthodontist was exaggerating and only care about how much money she could get out of me. Could Invisalign correct my problem or surgery is my only option? Also, if it is doable by Invisalign, how long would that take? Thanks in advance :)

Surgery should be last resort.

For many patients like yourself, we reserve surgery as they very last option. From the photo you posted it seems your case is quite possible to correct with removable aligners. Treatment length will likey be 12 months, but I think you will be quite happy with the results. 

A nice feature with aligners is being able to see your end result as a computer simulation before treatment starts! That way you can know that your expectation will be met.

Mississauga Dentist

Can Invisalign Correct a Mild Underbite?

You can definitely correct your mild underbite with Invisalign but I don't believe it's the best way to correct your underbite. A much better way to correct your underbite is to expand your upper dental arch. This can be done with a very simple, comfortable, removable dental appliance. You would need to wear the appliance for 4-6 months and then straighten the teeth with Invisalign or conventional braces.

Good luck!

Invisalign

Thanks for sending in your question. Although surgery may be an option in your care, I feel that with the use of correct treatment you can have significant improvement in the alignment of your teeth. I have personally treated many patients using clear aligners such as Invisalign with your situation and have shown significant changes and improvement in esthetics and function. Please visit a provider who has a lot of experience in your area with clear aligners as I am sure your results will look great.

Navid Zamani, DMD
Los Angeles Dentist