Otoplasty Cost in Los Angeles and Orange County?

What is the approximate cost of otoplasty or ear pinning in Los Angeles and Orange County area in California?

Thanks for the question. When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.
Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.
Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways. Best wishes.

Otoplasty Cost in Los Angeles and Orange County

The costs for otoplasty varies significantly around the country. Our cost for otoplasty starts at $2800 + MD Anesthesia Related Costs (if necessary). More expensive cities such as New York or Los Angeles or areas with fewer board certified plastic surgeons may be more expensive.

One way to ensure the lowest possible costs and achieve the highest possible quality is to locate a board certified plastic surgeon who owns his or her own AAAASF nationally accredited center.

Consult with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Cost of Otoplasty or Ear Pinning.

Dear Saranicole from Los Angeles County, California
I perform Otoplasty also know as ear pinning with local anesthesia and oral sedation as an office procedure. Therefore reducing the cost associated with operating room and anesthesiologist. Ear pinning takes about one hour to perform and cost between $4,000 to $5,000.

Kevin Sadati, DO

Otoplasty costs

Typically charges for the ear surgery can run from 2500 to 4000 plus operating room and anesthesia charges if utilized.

Cost of otoplasty

Otoplasty is a very popular and effective technique to change the shape and position of your ears. This surgery is usually performed under a regional anesthesia with a small amount of sedation as an outpatient. The recovery process from the surgery is minimal. In Miami, this is a popular surgery as it is quite effective in area of concern for many patients. When choosing a surgeon for otoplasty, be sure to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon with a great deal of experience with ear surgery, face lifting, and otoplasty. This perspective will help your surgeon choose the best technique for you.

Cost of Otoplasty (Ear Pinning)

Hi,

This is not possible to answer without knowing the exact nature of the problem and what it will take to correct it. That said, an average otoplasty in LA and OC will probably cost an average of $5000.

Nirav Savalia, MD

Depends on who and where

Call around to doctors that have worked on your friends and family. See who comes recommended, and then go in for a consultation.

At that point you can consider the costs. There is usually a big variation in fees, so expect a wide range.

Another good rule of thumb is to understand that these procedures cost more in certain parts of the country than in others. For instance, in California and New York, you might pay anywhere from $8000 to $12000 for breast implants, but in less populated areas where the cost of living is lower, such as where I live in Utah, you would normally see fees for a breast augmentation around $4000 to $6000.