Why is my filler not lasting ?

I've had a total of 1 mL of restalyne injected into my upper lip. They look great when I leave and the next morning but in a weeks time it seems like I lost 75% of what They looked like the next day. Is it my body or is it something else? I was told this lasts around six months ?

Restylane filler not lasting for lips

Thank you for your question. Usually, Restylane injections should be visible within 2 days of treatment. Most probably you didn’t have enough filler injected to achieve your desired result. You may try Juvederm next time as it is thicker and long lasting. I recommend having a follow up with your injector to discuss your concerns. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Restylane filler not lasting for lips

It is possible that you did not have enough filler for the desired look when you were injected.  Perhaps you can try Juvederm next time which tends to be thicker and lasts longer. Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Filler in Lips

You really should have used Juvederm in the lips. Juvederm tends to last longer and is a little thicker for the lips and will give it the extra volume that you are probably looking for. If you are not happy then you should call your doctor and ask them to fix it,

Elliot M. Heller, MD

Restylane for the Lip

The sustainability of HA fillers in the lips can be variable.  I have found that the best synthetic filler for the lips is Juvederm and if done correctly, can have long lasting results.
Please make sure to see a double board certified Facial Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon.

Roberto E. Garcia, MD, FACS
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fillers in lip

There is a great deal of variability in the amount of time fillers last in the lips. In my experience Restylane is not the best choice unless it is Restylane L.  Perlane if available is the same and will last longer but be sure you are being injected by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist