How soon can I get a top-up on my under eye Restylane filler? What is the recommended waiting period?

I'm confident I need more filler to get the results I'm aiming for. I got filler a couple of days ago, so I realise I may have to wait at least a week or two. Is that too soon?

Restylane and Adding more Product under the eyes

I always wait two weeks after your injections to see the full results of the injections. I would definitely have them earlier if you don't notice any effect or think that you need more.  There are times that I layer Belotero under the eyes in these cases as well.  Best, Dr. Green

Additional filler under the eyes

Agree with previous comments that waiting about two weeks is reasonable. I prefer to do all my own injections especially around the eyes where technique is critical.

Andrew Pichler, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Additional Filler After Injection

If you want more you can go get it immediately however if there is swelling in the area I suggest waiting 2 weeks to ensure most of the swelling is gone.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Filler for the tear troughs

Typically, after being injected around the eye, patients experience swelling that works itself out over 2 weeks. Even being in that period it seems that you are quite sure that you will have suboptimal results.  I would bring this to the attention of your injector.  Usually, one can achieve satisfactory results with one syringe around the eyes.  If it is a technique flaw, I'm sure the injector will want to learn from it for future cases.  Other times, before and after photos will be used to show the patient the improvement that is evident but sometime difficult to appreciate.

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Dermatology, Laser and Vein Specialists
Charlotte, NC

*Please remember to +1 answers you like to keep them at the top
*Also, "Follow" physicians you like to receive email updates as they post on RealSelf

Payman Kosari, MD, FAAD
Charlotte Dermatologic Surgeon

Top-up

As my colleague noted, there is no absolute waiting time required before reinjection.  In our practice, we like to wait a couple of weeks to make certain swelling and bruising are resolved, so we can make an accurate judgement of the sites to be augmented and volume needed for optimal results.  You should discuss the matter with your injector.  Best of luck!

George Bitar, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Filler for under eyes

If you feel you have not gotten the result you want you can get another treatment any time even now--it is not going to fill in more by itself. Be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Additional filler

Thank you for your question.  While there is no waiting time necessary to add more filler, I would advise you to wait at least 1-2 weeks to see if the results are optimal at that time after the swelling has resolved.  Please follow up with your board certified Dermatologist/PS for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon