How is Kybella safe?

I am a candidate for this type of treatment and absent complications probably would love the results. However, I just can not understand how this product is safe and wont somehow migrate to so horrifying place on your face, your heart or your brains Lol. I cant help but feel when something is to good to be true it probably is.

Kybella is FDA approved

Thanks for your question. Kybella will destroy the fat cells and is FDA-approved for use on fat underneath the chin. It is minimally invasive, no downtime, allows for a more youthful look, no surgery or general anesthesia and has minimal side effects (typically bruising, pain, and redness at the injection points.) Hope this helps. Best, Dr. Katz

Kybella is a natural substance

Kybella is present in your body and is made in the liver.  Kybella is injected into your subcutaneous tissues and not your veins or arteries, so it does not migrate to your brain.

Kybella and the dissolved fat disappears via the lymphatic system.

Kybella can reduce the fat in a neck and reduce the double chin

Kybella injecitons are FDA approved for the reduction of fat in the neck below the chin. The bile salts we use in our intestines to dissolve fat we eat, are used in Kybella to dissolve the fat underneath the skin. There are risks with all treatments, and although there can be numbness, soreness, temporary beard loss in the treated area, nerve weakness in the area treated and other risks including scabbing and scarring, there isn't evidence the company has shared with physicians that other organs such as the heart can be affected. The right candidate who only has fat accumulation in this neck area, has a high chance of being satisfied with the results after a few Kybella treatments as it has a good patient satisfaction rating, keeping in mind there is temporary bruising and swelling that may last a few weeks or more.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella is safe

Kybella was FDA approved this year and is entirely safe procedure.  The key is to consult a board certified dermatologist who is trained with Kybella and the other cosmetic procedures.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella is safe and FDA approved

Kybella is safe to use and it is FDA approved. It is injected in your tissue in the chin and neck area, and it works by dissolving fat. Since it is injected in the tissue it can not migrate to your brain, heart or some areas of your face. There are some side effects that can occur after Kybella treatment such as numbness, scabbing, and scarring but those risks are not life-threatening by any means and usually go away within few weeks.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Is Kybella safe?

Yes Kybella is safe when used as described by the  company Allergan. It does have some side effects such as swelling and mild discomfort which can last a few days as well as numbness that lasts about 4-6 weeks. There are some other risks such as nerve weakness to the muscles around your mouth but these should be very infrequent and will slowly return to normal. The medicine works just where it is injected and I am not aware that it spreads into the rest of your body or organs.

Is Kybella Safe? #kybella

• Kybella is safe to use, or we certainly wouldn't be using it!
  • Kybella acts locally, right where it is injected, to dissolve fat, and give our patients a more pleasing chin/neck contour. 
  • I too was skeptical of Kybella, having performed liposuction for years to help reshape the submental (under the chin) and neck contour. 
  • However, after having tried Kybella, and after seeing the results for myself, I've been very impressed.
  • For very fatty necks, however, Kybella is not the answer, and liposuction will achieve better results. 

Kybella Is a Local Treatment

Kybella is composed of deoxycholic acid, which is a substance our body produces naturally. It is injected into submental fat, where it dissolves fat cells that are then eliminated from the body through the lymph system. Kybella does not enter the blood stream and so cannot affect the rest of your body or cross the blood-brain barrier. It is safe, quick, minimally invasive and quite effective. Generally it takes about three to five treatments to obtain desired results. Please see a board-certified dermatologist if you have other concerns.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella treatments

Kybella is injected into the area of fat in the chin and not into veins or arteries. Deoxycholic acid is present in our bodies as bile acids to help dissolve fats that we ingest. I would highly recommend that you speak with your physician in order to get all your questions answered before you proceed and so you have reasonable expectations from the treatment. While there are some potential risks with any procedure, the concerns you mention would not be expected with Kybella treatments.

Pamela Stuart, MD
San Jose Physician

Kybella Safety

The active ingredient in Kybella is actually a naturally occurring substance in the body, deoxycholic acid. The injection goes into the subcutaneous fat, not your veins so there is not risk of it traveling to your brain. The acid dissolves the fat which is eliminated from your body through your lymph system. It is completely safe. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar 

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon