Can my family physician aquire Kybella and administer the product ? How many vials does it require for the chin?

See a trained specialist

You definitely want to see a trained specialist for your Kybella treatments. The efficacy of your results is greatly dependent on the skill and expertise of your injector. Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella administration

From a legal perspective a family physician is able to inject Kybella as long as they are trained and certified.  However, the assessment and treatment is highly individualized and not every patient will have the same treatment plan.  I would recommend pursuing treatment from a provider who specializes in facial aesthetics to ensure optimal outcome.  Other factors need to be evaluated and discussed such as fat reduction, skin elasticity/retraction, and expected outcomes before proceeding with treatment.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Be careful- this is a product that must be administered properly to avoid complications, use the correct amount of product, and you need to be a perfect candidate for this treatment.  Submittal fat is treated very well, lateral fat cannot be treated depending on the extent of the fat, we use coolsculpting and Kybella combined for this.  Fat is not only in the neck, but in the sheaths around the nerve cells.  I would see someone that offers CoolMini & Kybella so that you are given the best options for your antomy, safety, and budget.

Melanie L. Petro, MD
Birmingham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can a family physician administer Kybella?

Thank you for your question Aresbany, legally yes your family physician can administer Kybella if he or she has completed Kybella training. However they may not be experts injectors and are not aesthetics experts. For best results consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Board Certified Dermatologist. 

Carlos Mata M.D.,  MBA, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

Experienced Kybella Injector

I am sure your family physician can acquire Kybella after the proper training. You want to make sure to have an experienced injector inject your kybella. Without the knowledge of the facial and neck anatomy and the injecting technique there can be complications. Hope this is helpful. Dr Faraz

Can my family physician acquire Kybella and administer the product?

Thank you for sharing your excellent question.  Kybella can be administered by a licensed physician that completes the requisite training, but as with most treatments I would recommend you consult with a specialist in order to maximize your results.  Most patients average 3 treatment sessions with an average of 2 vials per session.  Hope this helps.

Kybella Expert

The answer is probably yes but I must emphasize that it is important that you get treated by an experienced injector. 

Kybella is a treatment you should see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist for.  It is treatment that requires knowledge of the facial and neck anatomy.  Be sure your physician has experience injecting Kybella so that it is done safely.  Best of luck! 

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Family physician administering Kybella?

Hello, and thanks for your question, which is a very reasonable one. As a dermatologist, I can technically manage my patients' blood pressure, diabetes, etc., but I have to acknowledge that primary care physicians are far better at this than I am given it is what they have spent years training to do. Any licensed physician can legally perform cosmetic procedures, but I would only see an aesthetic expert (i.e., dermatologist or plastic surgeon) for these interventions. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.  

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Kybella and Expert Injector

I would definitely consult a board certified dermatologist who is trained in these permanent cosmetic injections for the best cosmetic results.  Kybella has a learning curve and I would consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green