Can Kybella be used for turkey neck as well?

Turkey neck regarding sagging skin

Turkey Neck is a relative term

In some cases, Kybella can be used when there is a little loose skin (turkey neck). But the doctor must use good judgement not to offer Kybella when the patient should be doing a neck lift. The Kybella not only kills off the fat cells, but the inflammation set up by the product does lead to mild skin tightening. That being said, the age of the patient, the degree of laxity and their expectations need to be accounted for in order for the patient to be happy with the result. 

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella® specifically melts fat. If your "turkey neck" is due to sagging skin, a radiofrequency treatment such as Viora® laser may be more appropriate. If your "turkey neck" is due to sagging muscle, then Dysport® injections may lift it. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella and Skin Tightening

Thank you for your question. Kybella is designed for fat reduction. Kybella can produce some skin retraction but depending on the individual loose skin may be better treated with a non surgical tissue tightening treatment or surgery. The only way to determine candidacy is with an in person consultation. Best wishes.  

Kathleen Morno, MD
Highland Park Physician

Kybella and turkey neck

A "turkey neck" indicates significant skin laxity. Kybella is a fat reduction procedure. While Kybella does produce some skin tightening, there are dedicated skin tightening procedures that may be more helpful for you. These include Ultherapy, Thermi, Thermage, and Infini. These skin tightening devices can also be combined with Kybella to reduce fat and tighten skin.

Kybella can definitely be used for a "turkey neck"

Kybella can help with submental fat and skin tightening and can be combined with Botox and Thermage for the best skin tightening results.  Best, Dr. Green

Kybella for turkey neck

Kybella is best used to treat the submental fat under your chin. I would not recommend using Kybella if you have excess skin on your neck as it could make the loose skin look worse. I would recommend looking into a neck lift or Ulthera for tightening the skin so you can get rid of your “turkey neck.” Good luck. 

Kybella is not for turkey neck

Kybella is for under-the-chin fullness created by a fat pocket - it dissolves this fat and unweights the skin and makes the neck appear less full - turkey necks require a surgical neck lift for the most part.

T.G. Khan, DO, FACS
Fort Lee Oculoplastic Surgeon

Kybella

Thank you for your question. Kybella is an FDA approved injectable drug for reducing submental fat also known as the double chin. Some patients may experience skin retraction with the treatment but it depends on the individual and the quality of their skin. It it not designed for skin tightening. I would recommend an in person exam to determine your candidacy. Best wishes. 

Daniel J. Ritacca, MD
Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Kybella for turkey neck

This is a great question. Since Kybella is such a new treatment, patients are still trying to educate themselves on what sort of results can be expected. Kybella is an FDA approve injectable treatment for submental fat (the fat under the chin). Kybella destroys the unwanted fat cells and over the next couple of months you will see the results. While Kybella gets rid of the fat, it cannot tighten loose skin, as in the turkey neck appearance you are referring to. A turkey neck is most likely still best addressed with facelift/neck lift surgery. I would need to examine you in person to give you my final recommendations. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Kybella Question

Thank you for your question. Kybella is FDA approved to dissolve fat in the submental region, which lies just below the skin.  This will help to improve a 'turkey neck', if you have excess fat in this area.  However, if you have muscle bands, also called platysmal banding, in the neck this may need to be addressed as well.  Platysmal banding can be addressed with a necklift and/or a facelift.  Be sure to consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon who has experience with Kybella.  

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon