Does cool sculpting cause fibrous tissue?

I did cool sculpting 1.5 years ago and didn't achieve desired results, so I had liposuction done on my abs and flanks today. My doctor told me it was very tough and he had to work harder...I'm reading some threads about fibrous tissue and I'm wondering if the cools schlpting procedure causes this?

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In office evaluation is necessary to evaluate what procedure would be best for you.

I have not have anyone in my practice form fibrous tissue.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and Fibrous Tissue

I have not seen this effect on any of the patients that we have performed over the years.  Some fat is fibrous and not a candidate for Coolsculpting. Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Observation of tissue after cool sculpting

I have not found that to be the case in my practice. We have done about 2500 treatments over the past 2 1.2 years and that doesn't seem to be an issue. I am not aware of any clinical papers stating such as well. Best of luck and hope the surgical results are what you hoped! 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting, SculpSure, Vanquish for Fat Reducing , Does it Give FIbrous Tissue

If you get a very inflammatory response from coolsculpting it can form scar tissue that I have felt on numerous occasions trying to reverse the effects of coolsculpting.  Best Dr. Emer.

Fibrous tissue

Cool sculpting freezes some of the fat cells in a patients' treatment area if the procedure is effective.  Many of our proposed patients are not good candidates for cool sculpting because they have fibrous fat.  In my experience I have not seen cool sculpting cause fibrous fat; it simply doesn't work very well in patients who have "thick" fat. We often soften up the fat with other procedures prior to cool sculpting.  The other situation which doesn't work at all for cool sculpting is if the patient has visceral fat.  This often presents itself in a hard protruding stomach with no pinchable fat.  I have not seen cool sculpting result in fibrous fat formation but I would be interested to see other doctors comments on this.  I hope this helps.  Dr. Adrienne Stewart M.D. FAAD

Adrienne E. Stewart, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon