Does cool sculpting cause fibrous tissue?

I did cool sculpting 1.5 years ago and didn't achieve desired results, so I had liposuction done on my abs and flanks today. My doctor told me it was very tough and he had to work harder...I'm reading some threads about fibrous tissue and I'm wondering if the cools schlpting procedure causes this?

Observation of tissue after cool sculpting

I have not found that to be the case in my practice. We have done about 2500 treatments over the past 2 1.2 years and that doesn't seem to be an issue. I am not aware of any clinical papers stating such as well. Best of luck and hope the surgical results are what you hoped! 

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting, SculpSure, Vanquish for Fat Reducing , Does it Give FIbrous Tissue

If you get a very inflammatory response from coolsculpting it can form scar tissue that I have felt on numerous occasions trying to reverse the effects of coolsculpting.  Best Dr. Emer.

Fibrous tissue

Cool sculpting freezes some of the fat cells in a patients' treatment area if the procedure is effective.  Many of our proposed patients are not good candidates for cool sculpting because they have fibrous fat.  In my experience I have not seen cool sculpting cause fibrous fat; it simply doesn't work very well in patients who have "thick" fat. We often soften up the fat with other procedures prior to cool sculpting.  The other situation which doesn't work at all for cool sculpting is if the patient has visceral fat.  This often presents itself in a hard protruding stomach with no pinchable fat.  I have not seen cool sculpting result in fibrous fat formation but I would be interested to see other doctors comments on this.  I hope this helps.  Dr. Adrienne Stewart M.D. FAAD

Adrienne E. Stewart, MD
Denver Dermatologic Surgeon