What about losing more weight after CoolSculpting?

Will weight loss post coolsculpting result in lumpy skin or unflattering results? I am over half way through my weight loss journey, so obviously my body is adjusting. There are areas of fat and skin that from my research could benefit from coolsculpting. I still want to lose another 30 pounds, but currently my stomach, love handles, back fat, and thighs are getting more irritated from sweat and jiggling. Can I benefit from coolsculpting again after I reach my goal?

Continued Weight Loss Is Fine

Ideally, you’ll want to already be at or near your goal weight before undergoing CoolSculpting, but continuing to lose weight afterwards is perfectly alright. The key thing to consider is the elasticity of your skin. As you've mentioned, CoolSculpting targets specific areas and may be appropriate for you at this point. But if your skin is loose now, or becomes increasingly saggy as you lose more weight, the decrease in fat after CoolSculpting won’t be noticeable anymore. Find an experienced body contouring specialist who can personally examine you and determine if CoolSculpting is the right choice for you.

Coolsculpting and Weight Loss

I do not see a problem. The benefits of Coolsculpting is that the treatment is evenly distributed. Thus irregularities will not be a problem. Coolsculpting can always be done again. Seek out a certified physician who performs Coolsculpting for an opinion.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Http://www.lovetofreezeit.com

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. It is unlikely to get lumpy skin if you loose weight after cool sculpting.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Coolsculpting and weight loss

Many of our CoolSculpting patients participate in active weight loss regimens.  If the overlying skin is in good condition you could be a good candidate.  One of the benefits of CoolSculpting is that the treatment is evenly distributed, so irregularities should not be a problem.  You can repeat CoolSculpting in the future.

Mark Beaty, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting

I don't feel like this should be an issue. Seek a consultation with a board certified physician office  and a skilled certified RN running cool sculpt. If you have healthy skin and fat that you can pinch and pull it may be nicely treated with cool sculpting. Best of Luck

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting results following partial weight loss

Dear purepisces88:

CoolSculpting (CS) is tried and true in localized fat reduction. While many patients experience skin shrinkage as well is not an anticipated or expected result following CS. 

Congratulations on your weight loss!! There are times we hit a wall and need a motivation to push ahead. CS has provided that for many of our patients.

The fat cells of the body seem to be genetically programed to gain or lose fat. I have found that different patients at different ages lose different areas of fat with weight loss. 

I would recommend using CS for:

1. motivation of continued weight loss in those genetically difficult areas to lose the fat
  2. complete and maintain your stable weight loss then attack those stubborn areas with CS or surgical excision (to remove both the skin and the fat)

I wish you all the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting after weight loss.

Congratulations!  Continued weight loss after Coolsculpting will only improve your results.  As long as there is not a great deal of loose skin, Coolsculpting can be repeated for even greater fat reduction.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Coolsculpting and weight loss

I recommend losing at least half of the weight, then coolsculpt.  Coolsculpting likes a fit and healthy lifestyle and helps reduce the stubborn areas diet and exercise will not take care of.  The coolsculpting procedure is a customized procedure and varies patient to patient based on your fat, etc. Coolsculpting is an even suction, so lumpiness should not be an issue. Be sure you are being properly evaluated to ensure maximum results.  You will absolutely benefit from coolsculpting for fat reduction, not tightening of skin.  Best of luck to you!

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting helps even while losing weight

Coolsculpting will benefit any areas of stubborn fat deposition, even if you are mid-way through your weight loss.  If you only have loose skin however, it will not benefit you.  Good luck!

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and continued weight loss

I think Coolsculpting is a good idea because some areas will persist despite losing weight. The fat loss is very uniform with Coolsculpting so you don't have to worry about unevenness. Loose skin is not improved with the Coolsculpting and needs either surgery or RF skin tightening. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD