What about losing more weight after CoolSculpting?

Will weight loss post coolsculpting result in lumpy skin or unflattering results? I am over half way through my weight loss journey, so obviously my body is adjusting. There are areas of fat and skin that from my research could benefit from coolsculpting. I still want to lose another 30 pounds, but currently my stomach, love handles, back fat, and thighs are getting more irritated from sweat and jiggling. Can I benefit from coolsculpting again after I reach my goal?

Coolsculpting and weight loss

Many of our CoolSculpting patients participate in active weight loss regimens.  If the overlying skin is in good condition you could be a good candidate.  One of the benefits of CoolSculpting is that the treatment is evenly distributed, so irregularities should not be a problem.  You can repeat CoolSculpting in the future.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool Sculpting

I don't feel like this should be an issue. Seek a consultation with a board certified physician office  and a skilled certified RN running cool sculpt. If you have healthy skin and fat that you can pinch and pull it may be nicely treated with cool sculpting. Best of Luck

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting results following partial weight loss

Dear purepisces88:

CoolSculpting (CS) is tried and true in localized fat reduction. While many patients experience skin shrinkage as well is not an anticipated or expected result following CS. 

Congratulations on your weight loss!! There are times we hit a wall and need a motivation to push ahead. CS has provided that for many of our patients.

The fat cells of the body seem to be genetically programed to gain or lose fat. I have found that different patients at different ages lose different areas of fat with weight loss. 

I would recommend using CS for:

1. motivation of continued weight loss in those genetically difficult areas to lose the fat
  2. complete and maintain your stable weight loss then attack those stubborn areas with CS or surgical excision (to remove both the skin and the fat)

I wish you all the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Coolsculpting after weight loss.

Congratulations!  Continued weight loss after Coolsculpting will only improve your results.  As long as there is not a great deal of loose skin, Coolsculpting can be repeated for even greater fat reduction.

Lawrence Broder, MD
Cedar Park Family Physician

Coolsculpting and weight loss

I recommend losing at least half of the weight, then coolsculpt.  Coolsculpting likes a fit and healthy lifestyle and helps reduce the stubborn areas diet and exercise will not take care of.  The coolsculpting procedure is a customized procedure and varies patient to patient based on your fat, etc. Coolsculpting is an even suction, so lumpiness should not be an issue. Be sure you are being properly evaluated to ensure maximum results.  You will absolutely benefit from coolsculpting for fat reduction, not tightening of skin.  Best of luck to you!

Guy Cappuccino, MD
Mount Airy Plastic Surgeon

CoolSculpting helps even while losing weight

Coolsculpting will benefit any areas of stubborn fat deposition, even if you are mid-way through your weight loss.  If you only have loose skin however, it will not benefit you.  Good luck!

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and continued weight loss

I think Coolsculpting is a good idea because some areas will persist despite losing weight. The fat loss is very uniform with Coolsculpting so you don't have to worry about unevenness. Loose skin is not improved with the Coolsculpting and needs either surgery or RF skin tightening. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Coolsculpting and weight loss

Coolsculpting can be used while losing weight to spot reduce areas.  Because of the effects, the skin contraction takes place over time resulting in some tissue "tightening".  Coolsculpting will usually not result in irregularities if the applicators are placed appropriately.   Make sure to lose weight the right way and slowly with good nutrition and exercise.   Seek out a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon who performs coolscuplting for an honest opinion.  Be wary of the hard-sell, medspa type establishments.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

CooSculpting

Yes you can have the treatment again.  You should be seen and examined again before treatment.  As a Plastic Surgeon this would be straightforward exam with plan you could use then or at a time you choose.

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting will enhance your weight loss results and if done properly will not result in lumpy skin or unflattering results. Seek out a provider in your area that does lots of coolsculpting so you can be sure he/she is experienced and will have the guts to turn you away if it won't benefit you.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician